" Juliet," I shout, exhaling heavily, grasping the railing while my heart continues to pound in my chest, and still moving upward.

I entered the first floor, and a man holding Juliet and pressing a gun to her skull turned to face me.

"One more step closer, and she's dead."

Juliet caught my gaze as I looked down. Juliet was looking at me. scared and perplexed, her clothing colored with a dark scarlet on the side of her waist.

I swallowed harshly, my entire body turning frigid. I was sick to my stomach. She glanced at me, terrified, tears dripping down her cheeks, her hair untamed and wild, mascara running down her cheeks.

Her hands that were holding his arms were bloody, and she was breathing heavily. "Shoot her, and I'll fucking kill you with my hands."

I gulped and raised my gun—I could fire at him and kill him in a second, but it would be risky. I can kill her if he lets go of the trigger.

Juliet attempted to move his grip on her body, but it only tightened. He chuckles, his eyes sucking the light out of the room like two black holes. They were cold and emotionless as if he were looking right through me. But something was frightening about the way he gazed at me as if he were daring me to move.

A shiver ran down my spine and I gave him an expression he couldn't read. I kept my calm. I stared down at Juliet once more, her hand darting down to press on the wound.

"Kill me instead." Juliet widens her eyes and shakes her head, tears welling up in her eyes.

" No." She yells at me, "Don't you dare. Stop it. Don't do that, please." Juliet shakes her head again.

Her voice was shaking, and tears were streaming down their faces. I wanted to reach out and comfort her, but I knew that I couldn't. I could see the desperation in her eyes, and it made me feel helpless.

"I don't think she seems to agree, right?" He chuckles, turns his head, and whispers in her ears, and my entire body tingles with anger. I had never felt such anger in my body before. I wanted to pull his head off and murder him for being so near her.

I hate watching someone get close to Juliet. I hate seeing her so terrified and helpless. "I don't want to kill you." He grumbled, "But her." He laughed and pushed the gun farther into Juliet's temple, his free hand sliding down her arm.

Juliet whimpers, turning her head away, more tears streaming down her cheeks, and my gaze returns to her.

The man reaches to grip her jaw, turning her back, and he takes a step back. "Don't look away; keep looking at him while I kill you."

Her eyes were scorching my soul. He seemed to be attempting to see through me and read my thoughts and emotions. Juliet's stare was strong. I swallowed anxiously as her hands reached through the slit in her dress.

"Kill her, then." Juliet coughs. "Go ahead and kill her." Juliet's face was twisted in misery, her eyes squeezing tight. She was wincing with each breath. As if it physically hurt her to draw in each breath of air. "Go ahead and do it. kill her."

Before he can say anything, Juliet raises her hands and presses them against his stomach, stabbing him with the knife. Her skin was clammy with sweat, and her hands were clenched into tight fists. It was clear she was in a lot of pain, and I didn't know how to help her.

I panicked when I heard the sound of a gunshot, and instead of looking at Juliet to see if she was dead or alive, I squeezed my finger on the trigger and shot him repeatedly.

Each time a bullet entered his body, his body jerked, and blood spattered all over. I was furious, and my blood was boiling with anger. My hands started to shake with rage, and my heart was thumping in my chest.