Intentional Mistake (NSFW)

TW!!: Sex and mentions of abuse/ trauma

The cab got to the hotel pretty quickly. I sobered up after everything that had happened so I was fine getting back to the room myself. I considered knocking on Tom's door to talk to him, but I was still covered in alcohol and I figured he'd want to be alone right now. He got kicked out and had his night ruined because of me. I sighed and walked to my bathroom to shower. I didn't bother to blow dry my hair, figuring I'd be up long enough for it to air dry. I threw on underwear and an oversized t-shirt. I didn't feel like wearing actual pjs. I turned on some music, poured myself a glass of wine, and began to clean up the mess in the living room to distract myself from the memories of tonight. I was folding the last of the blankets when I heard a knock on the door. It was probably one of the girls coming back, too drunk to open the door themself.

I walked to the door, wine in hand, and unlocked the latch.

"Tom?" I said in disbelief.

"Can we talk?" he asked. He seemed really nervous.

I nodded and let him in. He had already showered and changed, wearing grey sweatpants and a black hoodie. I sat down on the couch and motioned for him to take a seat. He sat down and there was an awkward silence for a moment.

"So, um.." he started after clearing his throat. "I just wanted to... I guess apologize for tonight."

I raised my eyebrows. "What are you apologizing for? You didn't do anything" I replied.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I just felt like I owed you an apology for how he treated you and how you saw me react."

I felt warm again. "No Tom. I owe YOU an apology. You got thrown out because of me."

"No I didn't, I got kicked out because that guy was a dick and deserved a reality check." he said.

I giggled and he smiled. "Thank you for the food by the way."

"No problem miss picky eater" he said with a smirk.

I shifted my position on the couch a bit and Tom's eyes flickered down, then his cheeks turned bright red. I looked down and that's when I remembered: I had no pants on. My eyes widened and I crossed my legs immediately.

"Sorry!" I said quickly.

"No, no it's fine. I'm the one who intruded" he mumbled nervously, standing up and beginning to leave.

I don't know what compelled me to say this, but I did.

"Wait! You don't have to leave... if you don't want to."

He stopped with his back turned to me. He looked at me over his shoulder. I shrugged.

"I don't really want to be alone right now after what happened." I told him, looking at the floor, now regretting what I said.

He stood there for awhile longer, but then turned towards me and sat back down. I looked at him.

"What's on your mind?" he asked.

I looked back down at the floor. Should I tell him? The only person who knows is Celine, but he got involved tonight and maybe he deserves to know why I freaked out and ran off.

"Um..well, a couple years ago I was dating someone." I began.

"Yeah, that famous movie star guy or something, right?" He asked.

I shook my head yes. "He uh.. was very abusive towards me."

I could feel tears starting to form again. I avoided looking at Tom while I told him everything that happened between me and my ex. He sat silently and listened to my story. By the end of it, I was crying pretty hard. It felt good to get that out after tonight, though. Silence fell between us. Did I scare him? Is he angry that I made him stay for that?