safe

The one where Conrad saves you from a bad situation.

TRIGGER WARNING: this story will talk about assault and harassment

It was the end of summer beach party. You had never been to it before because you usually went to volleyball camp with Belly but this year you decided not to go. Belly went and so it was just you and the boys.

You were at a weird stage with Conrad at the moment. You guys were flirty but nothing was official. And you know Conrad never says how he truly feels so it was hard to tell where you guys stood. Conrad wasn't the only boy that you flirted with this summer, but he was the only boy that made you feel so comfortable and safe.

You were a bit hesitant to go to the party because Belly wouldn't be there, but you decided to go anyways. You knew some of the girls from your deb moment this summer were going and plus the boys would be there too. You knew that Jeremiah and Steven would have no problem hanging out with you at some point during the night, and so would Conrad assuming he isn't going to ignore you (he does that sometimes but Jeremiah says it's because he is afraid of being awkward around you).

You put on a jean skirt and a white tank top and put on your white converse. You had a half-up hairstyle going on with some small little starfish earrings on. You thought about putting on the infinity necklace that Conrad gave you for your birthday but it didn't seem right.

Conrad drove the four of you over as he was planning on being DD tonight. You were planning of maybe having a drink or two, as it was the last weekend of summer and you needed to have a little fun.

When you arrived around 10, there were already lots of people there. Some people seemed to already be drunk so you figured they must have been going at it for a while. You started walking around with the boys until you saw the deb girls standing over on the side. You excused yourself and headed over to talk to them.

"Heyyyyyy y/n. I'm so happy you're here" Gigi said and opened her arms to hug you. The other girls all said hey together. You guys were talking about some of your favourite summer memories and how you were not excited to go back to school.

"Ok guys you're all making me very sad now. I think we need to take a shot and cheers to a great summer" Shayla proposed. The girls cheered and we headed over to the bar area on the beach (it was literally just coolers with drinks in them and a box full of cups and shot glasses). As Shayla started pouring them out she asked you if you wanted one. "Why the hell not?" You said laughing and the girls cheered.

Once all the shots were poured you held the glasses up and Nicole began a toast "to a wonderful summer and a wonderful group of girls. Love you all" everyone cheered and then downed the shot. An array of reactions occurred including many groans and a 'Whoo' from Gigi. You laughed and felt the burning sensation in your throat and stomach. Shots were definitely not your thing.

It wasn't long until you felt a little something from the shot. You were definitely a lightweight so a shot did more to you than it would for most people. You were alright but were more clumsy than usual. After more talking with the girls you decided to get another drink and headed over to the bar area which was right beside the lifeguard tower. You were having fun with the girls, more fun than you thought you would have. You wondered what the boys were up to and if they were having fun too. You wondered where Conrad was and what he was thinking. You always wondered what Conrad was thinking.

As you started pouring your drink into the cup you felt a presence approach from behind you. Your breath hitched a little bit but still remained calm. You turned around and there stood a guy, about 6 foot tall and looked to be a couple years older than you.