ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ

Start from the beginning

On Monday morning Elena and Elio were talking about everything that happened that weekend. Like it was a complete turnaround.

While they were in Elio's room Jenna walked in earning their attention immediately. The twins noticed that she dressed up and seem to fiddle with her hair a lot.

"You dressed up... what's the occasion?" asked Elio looking at her carefully.

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" asked their aunt and put her hair up.

"Sexy stewardess" commented Elio to which she put it down, only to earn a comment from Elena.

"Boozy housewife."

"Up it is" sighed Jenna and put her hair up but then looked at the twins. "You two are feisty today. What's going on?"

"I think we just... you know. Feel good" shrugged Elena with a smile.

"Yeah it was so weird we decided to ride that baby into the sundown. Anyway, have you seen Jeremy?"

"He left early. Something about getting to wood shop early to finish a birdhouse" answered Jenna but the moment she finished that sentence it all downed on her and stared at the twins defeatedly. "There is no wood shop, is there?"

"No Jenna but it's cute you bought that" smiled Elio and began leaving after a quick side hug to her aunt.

"Yeah" was the only thing she said and returned to her room while Elena went after Elio.

Bonnie drove them to school again, she tried tog et some information out of them after Elena dropped the hint that Stefan stayed over at their place.

"Well that's a good thing isn't it?" asked Bonnie and looked at Elena then at Elio.

"It was really good for Elio" teased Elena which made Bonnie gasp and turned to Elio.

"You didn't!"

"Exactly, I didn't" deadpanned the boy then looked at his sister. "Stop it Lena."

"Come on, spill!" begged Bonnie to which Elena smiled and decided to explain everything.

"Elio fell asleep before midnight and did not wake up till 8 am."

"Elio, that is amazing!" cheered Bonnie. "I see Stefan has a good effect on you both!"

The twins shared a look and smiled but did not discuss it further. The moment they arrived to the school Elio parted with the girls to meet with Caroline.

As he was walking to the meeting point he stopped and looking around caught the eye of Dan staring at him while talking to Tyler and Matt. His legs froze and his head began to pound, when suddenly a blonde ray of sunshine blocked everything and after the person span him around he was no longer looking at Dan, but the school grounds.

"I'm sorry I missed everything."

"As long as you had a good time... I'm alright with it."

"Well... I did see a devastatingly handsome guy but I was too drunk to talk to him. What about you? Did you or Elena get cosy with Stefan?"

"Me and Stefan are not romantically involved. More platonic... but I did have an awkward encounter with Dan."

Caroline suddenly halted and turning to Elio hugged the boy tightly and spoke with an apologetic voice.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't think he would talk to you."

"To be honest he has been staring at me all this time."

Caroline looked around and seeing his cousin stare at them she flipped him off aggressively and sheltering Elio dragged him inside.

"He promised me he would let you be alone... I should have expected him breaking his word. Anyway, back to Stefan. You sure there is nothing romantic?"