Prologue

Author's Note: This chapter is not marked as a chapter in the physical version of the book; rather, it is not titled at all, and the first chapter is Chapter 1.

Word count: 293 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the very ordinary town of Stow-on-Side, on a very ordinary day when just about nothing was happening, you could hear grunts coming from intense training on one side of town. Northwest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01/13/2034 03:58 PM, Goh's Perspective

"...three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Okay, that's it for today, everyone," said Bea, and we all filed out of Stow-On-Side's stadium. Normally, I would be expected to just walk home and unpack my training pack. But today, something weird happened.

"Cinder! Cinderace!"

"In! Intel! Inteleon!"

"Rillarilla! Rillaboom!"

I personally would not have expected this to happen, but the three of them ran up to me, each holding one egg. Cinderace's egg had red-orange spots on it, Inteleon's egg bore light blue spots, and Rillaboom's was a pale yellow with lime green spots on it. Before I knew what was happening, I was given three big hugs, and then I put it all together.

"Congratulations, guys!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was not a long time before the eggs hatched into a Scorbunny, a Sobble, and a Grookey. It was also not a long time before Cinderace, Inteleon, Rillaboom had another egg each. It was not, as fate would have it, a long time before those eggs hatched too. It was, again, not a long time before the originals evolved into Raboot, Drizzile, and Thwackey. So, lastly, as you could expect, it was not long before these nine magical creatures began to be known as the Galar House.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/01/2034 06:54 AM, Goh's Perspective

"Good morning, the nine of the Galar House," I said.

"Good morning, respected leader of the Galar House," the nine would reply.

Ash would then laugh.