Flowers Grow And So Does Gossip (Elliot's POV)

Sometimes I feel like the weekend goes by faster than it's supposed to. Especially when you wake up to your older brother whimpering. The first thing I heard when I woke up this morning was Jake. He was whispering to himself something along the lines of "it's my fault" and "I did this". I slipped on my clothes and brushed my teeth. I still couldn't stop thinking about what Jake was saying though. What could be happening now? He's back with the music club, he's not bullying anyone, and mom even sewed the music patch back onto his favorite jacket, so what's wrong? 

I went down stairs and saw Milo and Oreo in the kitchen. Milo was eating cereal at the table while Oreo was sitting by his feet. My mom must've already left for work so I guess Jake will drive us to school or Milo will take the bus and me and Jake will walk.

"Morning eli!" milo says, his mouth full of Captin Crunch

"Good morning you little rascal" I tease

When I walk into the kitchen to make myself an egg I see Jake coming down the stairs with tears in his eyes. Something was wrong, I could tell. Did he and the music club get Into drama again? Or did he miss Drew, Henry, and Liam? i couldn't tell, it didn't matter though. He wasn't okay.

"Hey, are you alright Jake? Your eyes are all watery.." I ask him, concerned

"Oh yeah I'm fine haha.. just put my contacts in" 

Jake was lying. He hasn't worn contacts since before dad left. He'd been crying, I could tell.

I made myself some toast and eggs and I headed off for school. I was gonna ask if I could walk with Jake to school, but I heard him on the phone with Hailey; the music clubs president and he was going to walk with her, her step brother, and her stepbrothers boyfriend. I figured I probably should go my own way. So I'm just gonna take the bus like Milo.

While walking to the bus stop I saw Milly, my best friend and.. well.. crush haha. I saw her staring down at her phone. She looked worried. Her friend Sean was there too, he looked just as paranoid as she did. I wanted to go over there and talk to Milly. She was not only my best friend since 2nd grade, but I could tell she needed a hug.

"Hey, Milly! is.. everything alright?" I calmly ask, even though I'm anxious and panicking like crazy on the inside.

Milly looked over to me and her pupils thinned. She turned away quickly, so quickly that the tear in her eye flew off her cheek like a raindrop being blown in a storm. She pretend like she never saw me. For the rest of the time we waited I saw Sean double take me a few times, and Milly just acted like I wasn't there. Had I done something wrong? Was Milly bored of me? Did she not.. want to be friends with me anymore. The thoughts were rushing through my head so fast that I didn't even realize I was crying until the bus got there and the bus driver handed me a tissue. I took the tissue but it didn't help. Not in the slightest. I still cried to myself, and Milly was still avoiding me. The only person I talked to all morning was Sadie. She showed me the chrysanthemum she had grown and was going to give it to Daisy at lunch, like I give Milly my orchards.

I was sitting in my fourth period class when I got a notification from instagram. It read "Millicent Brooks Exposed for crushing on Elliot Sterling?!" from Zoey Arlt. I dropped my phone and my eyes narrow. What was going on?