s i x

Matt's POV

As told, Alex was pulling up in front of my house around the time he said he would be and I took a last look in the mirror before stepping out. I hopped in the passenger seat and greeted my friend.
"Yo I'm so fucking hype for this!" He said with excitement shining through. I agreed and acted as if I actually cared about this party. I hovered my hands over the air vent that was providing heat so I could defrost them. "Dude, just imagine the amount of parties we're gonna hit up once school is out for winter break." He was so excited but I was so out of it. This isn't the life I want to live.
We reach the house, a rather spacious Victorian house. The yard vibrated from the bass coming from the inside as we approached the entrance. I stepped over a puddle of some sort of drink and got bumped into multiple times by sweaty teens. Everyone seemed to be dancing on everyone and drinking the night away. I haven't been in here 5 minutes and I already have a ear splitting headache.

Kassandra's POV

My drink's contents swayed to the beat of the current song playing and I took another sip. I watched Dana dance with a guy she just met and she looks like she's having a blast but just like I had predicted here I am, standing alone, in a corner, and guess what! Still not having fun. I ran my fingers through my chestnut hair wondering why I'm even at this party. I got tired of standing there awkwardly so I went outside in the backyard which was surprisingly empty. The cool air allowed me to see every breath I took, this always fascinated me. How cold and hot air can make a smoky effect. My thoughts were interrupted by the back door shutting closed causing me to jump a little. I look back and see Dana.
"Hey, what are you doing out here?" She walked toward me.
"Just needed some air, where's that guy you were dancing with?"
"Oh he's inside getting himself a beer in the kitchen." She smiled to herself obviously quite taken by this boy. She shivered, "I'm getting kinda chilly. Wanna go inside?" She nodded her head towards the door.
"Uh yeah. Give me a sec, I'll meet you in there." She nods and I am alone again. I take a deep breath before going back in. I open the door and bump into someone spilling my drink all over his tshirt.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry! Fuck." I scramble to pick up the now empty, red solo cup from the floor.
"It's okay it's not your fault." The guy says back. That's when I look at him and once again the cup hits the floor. This can't be happening.