𝟒.

- - -
imessage chat

ciara
i hope you don't mind if i bring my friend

madi
ofc not :) the more the merrier

ciara
cool! i'll wait for you at the station.
do you know where it is?

madi
pftt yeah (no)
we'll find it dw
see you in a few <3

- - -

Alyssa and I waited at the train station for everyone to arrive. I was a little nervous seeing as the only time I 'hung out' with them was during my work shift - yet Alyssa seemed to be overjoyed.

She clung onto our interlinked arms, shaking my elbow every now and again when she got excited. I loved seeing her so happy, but I couldn't understand how she wasn't anxious at all.

"Do you think they got lost?" Alyssa asked impatiently.

I shrugged as I looked around for them. I felt bad; maybe I should've offered to pick them up. Yet my worries soon disappeared as I saw Nick and Madi come into view, Matt and Chris not far behind them.

Madi sprinted up to us, catching me in a hug before hugging Alyssa as well.

"It's so nice to meet you!" said Madi, smiling as Nick saluted and shook my hand. I grinned at the odd introduction, but it was strangely endearing nonetheless.

"Trust me, the pleasure's all mine," spoke Alyssa, and I gently jabbed her side playfully.

"What?" she responded, "I can't be excited?"

I introduced Alyssa to everybody, to which they all responded with their own names. Alyssa unfortunately added an 'i know', and I covered my face at her actions. Matt laughed at my obvious discomfort.

"No worries. We're always happy to meet fans," he said, turning to raise his eyebrows at Alyssa, "as long as you're not weirdos."

Madi rolled her eyes before speaking, but Chris' demeanor seemed to fall.

"Me and Nick are good judges of character," she quips as she interlinked her arm in Nick's, gently leaning on him.

Matt put his hands up in defense. I noticed that Chris was silent during most of the interaction, and as I turned to look at him, I realized that he was already glancing in my direction. He cleared his throat before quickly looking away.

"Hey Pepsi boy," I quipped, hoping to ease the tension.

"Hey Ciara, nice to see you again."

His plain response made me furrow my eyebrows, but I ignored it. Maybe he was just not feeling it today. After all, I was a complete stranger, he didn't owe me anything.

'Just because he followed you on instagram doesn't mean you're buddies,' I thought to myself.

Alyssa and I began to explain to them how to buy their train tickets, showing them how to scan them and walk through.

"Do they not have trains in America or something?"

Chris smiles at my joke, lowering his head down as he walked past the gates. He was not this quiet on Friday.