I've Got A Horrible Secret

Tubes ran in and out the young Stark. Her eyes were shut and she was barely alive. Beeps occainsionally filled the room as well other hosptial noises. Her skin was pale and cold if you were to touch it. She was laying on the bed, a grayish blanket covering her.

Next to her, sitting on an uncomfortable chair, was her brother.
His eyes were also shut and his head was leaned again the wall. His hand was on top of his sister's, holding to it as if that was only that will keep him tethered to her. They were currently in the medical ward of a SHIELD base.

Clara's hair was pulled back. It was pratically white. Her blue eyes covered by there lids. She looked so unlike her brother, but it could have been from the curse that was put on her. Tony had dark hair and dark eyes while her blonde hair and blue eyes were the largest differences and might ne the only ones, outside of their gender.

Growing up, they were practically inseparable. They always hung out together. Tony would watch over his much younger sister. She didn't really have many friends because, when she was younger, she could barely control her powers. Because of that, she was alone most of the time, so Tony started to let her toddler self tag along with him.

But then Tony grew up and slowly, but surely, they grew apart. Tony started partying and eventually went to college when he was very young. As he grew up, so did she. When their parents died, Clara grew distant. She focused on her studies and her work. She went to college, but the Stark lifestyle was eating at her.

It had been a few days since Tony and Steve discovered the woman on her bath tub, her wrists slit. Now she was slightly getting her better-well her physical health was improving. Her mental was barely stable. It scared her brother and Steve didn't know what to think of her attempted suicide. It scared Steve, but he didn't have much time to visit Clara. The day after they found her, Fury put Steve on a mission. He left just as Clara was in a stable state.

Slowly, Clara's eyes opened. She groaned softly as her eyes adjusted to the harsh bright light. She exhaled and her breath was cold, just like her whole body. Clara turned her head and saw her brother, fast asleep. Poor Tony, she said to herself.

She tried to move, but couldn't. Her whole body ached. How many times has she been in situations like this? Lying in hospital bed after another failed suicide attempt. She stared at the ceiling. Was it eight now? Or nine? Maybe even ten? Ten it was, and she still couldn't do it right. Someone always stopped her. She looked again at her sleeping brother. Clara hated doing this to him.

Only if he knew she was just quickening the outcome for herself. Clara closed her eyes. Tony wasn't the only she would be hurting. She was now connected with Steve. Now what a mistake that turned out to be. There was more people that would be effected by the outcome of soon coming demise. She sighed.

The curse/disease seemed to moving even faster. Would it be better to telling her those she knows so they could help her or would it be better just to let it happen...Well she doesn't have to die of it. Clara could just take even more missions. She can distance herself from Steve and Tony, making it easier for both them when she did die.

But there was a problem with that plan.

Clara loved Tony too much to hurt him like that...to hurt him like he hurt her once upon a time. Hell she couldn't even do that to Steve, she lov-liked him too much. She shook out the word love, pushing it away from the Captain's name. She couldn't love him. She hadn't even none the Capsicle long enough to know that. She didn't love anyone in that away. She always got hurt when she loved someone like that. Clara Juliette Stark did not love anyone and would not live anyone like that.

No matter how much she liked Steve.