Blue Hand

Two Weeks After The Events in DC

Steve settled into the uncomfortable chair next to Ice/Clara's bed. Fury and Natasha had pulled her out of the buliding and immeadiately brought her (after picking up the Falcon) to hideout that Fury was being kept in. After they started to work on her, Sam and Natasha went out to find Steve and brought him to the nearest hospital. Sam, Fury, and Natasha it was safer for her and anyone at the hospital if she was taken care by them and the doctors that were taking care of Fury. But only after a few days and one phone call to Tony, Ice was transported to the newly renovated Avengers Tower. She was under the care of Dr. Banner and the watchful eye of her older brother. Bruce immeadiately put her into an induced coma, wanting her to fully heal physically. A few days after she was moved, Captain Rogers woke up. Once he was discharged, he, Sam, and Natasha took a trip to the Big Apple.

Now, his eyes were taking in how she looked now. Her short brown hair was a mess. Her pale face was brusied and scarred in places. There was a grey blanket covering her body and her wrists and ankles were shackled to the hospital bed. The needles in arms constantly pumping medicene into her body. A tube in her throat helped her breathe. Steve closed his blue eyes for a moment.

He wish he could go back to that moment. He wishes he could reach out and hold her hand, but he couldn't. Steve knew that the girl laying in the bed wasn't Clara, it was Ice. Ice was one of Hydra's lapdogs now. Ice had fifteen confirmed kills. Ice worked with the Winter Soldier, both of them under Hydra's control. Both of them brainwashed. The Clara that Steve loved died in the Pacific Ocean and she was replaced with Ice. Steve opened his eyes and got out of the uncomfortable chair. Natasha was right when she told him he wasn't ready to see her.

-

A Week Later

There's a beeping in my ear. It's the steady beep monitoring my heart rate. There is a soft hum of machines around me. The air smells clean. There is a blanket on me. A soft one.

Where am I? Definitely not with Hydra.

The light above me is harsh, blinding my through my eyelids. I move my hand, no I try to move my hand, but I can't. Both of my wrists are strapped to the bed I am on. It's a hospital bed.

Who took me to the hospital?

If I am alive, it means Pierce isn't. He wanted me dead because I was no longer of use to him or Hydra. But if I am wherever I am and Pierce is dead, what happened to moy soldat? What happened to the Asset? He was supposed to take down Captain America and Sam Wilson. Was he dead? Was he captured like I am? I can hear footsteps coming closer. I even out my breathing and feign sleep. The door opens and someone walks in.

"You're awake. We saw your movement through the glass. You're in Avengers Tower. You're safe now." It's a man's voice and it's familiar. I try to open my eyes, but I can't. It's like they were welded shut. The man moves closer to the bed and I can hear more footsteps, two people are running towards the room. The door swings open, hitting the wall near it.

"Dr. Banner, she's awake?" I still on the bed. That's the Captain's voice. If he's alive, that means the Asset isn't. Anger bubbles inside of me and the temperature in the room drops. Frost covers the leather straps that are holding me to the bed. My eyes shoot open and I sit up on the bed. I break the frozen binds and yank the needles out of my arm. There is a man next to the Captain and his face is familiar. He moves to stop me as I move to get off the bed, but I move faster than him. Within an instant, my now blue hand is around the Captain's neck.

"Where is he? Where is the Asset?" I growl, tightening my hand around his, my eyes glaring into his blue ones. He looks terrified, as he should be. My nails dig into the side of his neck. He sputters, struggling to breath. I feel something jab onto neck and I release the Captain, stumbling backwards, glaring at the man, Dr. Banner, who's standing with the needle in his hand. Numbness overcomes me and fall to the ground, my vision going black. And like that, I'm gone.

-

Steve walked into the lab, his hands in his pockets. His neck was bruised from the grip Ice had on it only hours before. Tony was the only one in the lab and he was pacing as he talked into his cellphone. "Look Dean, we're taking care of it-No you, Sam and trench coat don't need to-No!-Listen, when this is all taken care of I'll call you-Yes, I know how important she is to you three-Dean, I have to go." And with that, Tony hung up on this "Dean".

"One of Clara's friends?" Steve asks, walking a bit closer. Tony puts his phone on the table, running a hand through his hair.

"He's more like family." Tony says before motioning to a tablet and a familiar blue velvet jewelry box. Steve immeadiately picked up the box, opening it to see the diamond engagement ring still nestled inside. "Romanoff picked it up from your apartment in DC."

"I'll have to thank her for getting it...Is the tablet for me?" Steve asked, putting the ring in his pocket. Tony nodded, sitting down on a stool. The oldest Stark child rubbed at his tired eyes. He had barely been getting any sleep since he had found out Clara was alive.

"Yeah. On that tablet is everything that Hydra had on Clara and Ice...well everything that was released during SHIELD'S downfall. We all have already been through it." Tony tells Steve, his brown eyes meeting the Captain's blue ones. Steve nodded and picked up the tablet, "How's your neck?"

"Thank you, Tony." Steve says, ignoring his question and turns to walk out of the lab. He couldn't shake how Clara looked while her hand was around his throat.

"Wait Rogers," Tony calls out, making Steve stop, "Some of the stuff on there...it's some messed up shit. I could barely get through it." Steve sighed and walked out of the lab.