Chapter Fourteen

(Lilly POV)

Jackie and I actually had a lot of fun at Amanda's house. This has been way overdue. Amanda even made me a cake. After hours of hanging out, I put Jackie to bed. That's when Scott brought the alcohol.
"I can't drink. That'd be irresponsible." I rejected the drink Scott offered. "But we want you to have a good time." Amanda frowned. "I know, I want to have fun too. But I have a kid now, I have to responsible. Besides, in case you two decide to do something, I can stop you guys." I said, reassuring myself more than them. "You sure?" Scott asked. I nodded my head and offered a small smile.
I already feel like a bad mother already. Lately, I haven't been in Jackie's life. I've been more in and out. Ben was right. Surprisingly. God, he was so right. I was on the couch watching Scott and Amanda drink. I wonder if Scott got over me. I really hope he did. You know what? Him and Amanda would be cute together. I smiled at the thought. They'd be so cute. I totally ship it.
I remember when I was pregnant. Jack was so scared. He was scared he wouldn't love her as much as you hear about but, man, after the whole Zalgo drama, Jack wouldn't leave her side. I admittedly didn't either. Jack's honestly a big softie. I couldn't help but think of that night when he stabbed me. I know that was an accident but, seriously? He didn't have to leave. Okay, he did, but still. I was dying. Duty calls I guess.
I got up to check on Jackie. Amanda was drunk and, Scott was clearly a bit tipsy. I ship it. I opened the door to Amanda's room. Jackie still looked human. She was beautiful, yes. But I miss how she looks like Jack. I miss her grey skin and her eyes that dripped black ooze. I lied down next to Jackie. She greeted my presence with a hug. I smiled. I could hear Scott and Amanda talking from the living room.
I'm sure they were both drunk by now. I should probably go check on them but, I'd rather be here. I wish Jack was here. Yes, I'm still a bit angry and scared to talk to him but, this is a family moment.

Scott opened the door and shut it behind him. "Lilly." He said kind of loud so, I shushed him. "Yeah?" I whispered. "Where's Amanda?" I asked quietly. "She's watching a movie." He said just as quiet. Cue Amanda yelling something at the T.V. "What do you need?" I asked, still holding a sleepy Jackie.
He sighed. "Do you remember a few years ago when I uh, y'know?" He asked, a bit ashamed. "I do." I said. I knew this would happen eventually. "I'm so sorry Lilly. I know we could've just pretended like nothing happened but, I just really want to get this off of my chest." He said, sort of asking for my permission to continue. He was absolutely right. I wanted things to go back to how they were before that moment. I nodded my head.
"I didn't realize how serious this guy was," he motioned to Jackie and I squeezed her a bit, "I thought he was just going to be some guy who'd end up hurting you," if only he knew, "But you guys are obviously so much more. I shouldn't have kissed you. I was what, 16? 17? It was stupid, and I ended up hurting you. I just wanted to get this out of they way, I'm sorry if this is a bit awkward. Seeing you again made me realize exactly how big or a mistake it was. I don't know if I'm 100% over you, but I will never disrespect you like that ever again. I just want things to go back to normal." He sighed. Scott was also slurring a bit, but it's still a heart-felt apology.
We were quiet a few moments. "I forgive you. I do want things to go back to normal too." I said and it looked like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders. "Thanks." He said. Scott got off of the bed, stumbling a bit. He left the room and shut the door behind him. That needed to be done.
***

After spending another night at Amanda's house, Jackie and I finally went home. "Did you have fun?" I asked holding Jackie's hand. She smiled. "Yeah! Can we see them again soon?" She pleaded. "Of course." I smiled. When we were out of sight, I slenderwalked us back to the mansion.
Jackie stopped. "What's wrong, honey?" I asked, concerned. "I-I don't feel so good, mommy." She frowned. "What do you mean?" I knelt down beside her. She didn't answer. "Jackie." I said. Nothing. Something is wrong. Something is very, very wrong.

Jackie slowly turned to me and whispered, "He's coming for me mommy, don't let him get me."