❓FAQs❓

Q: I'm under 21 but I'm open to all genres, is that okay?
A: No. You must be at least 21 years old to join this club.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Can I join your community if I don't have a book published?
A: No. This is a book club where we read and review our members books.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: I don't want to read LGBTQ material. Can I still join?
A: You can still complete an application, but membership will most likely be declined. There are too many members in this club with LGBTQ material to accommodate reading requests. But more importantly, we practice inclusivity here.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: I don't like the book I was given for my mock round. Can I be given another one?
A: No. The mock round is a test. You aren't going to like every book you're assigned, but you can still comment on the grammar, characters, and plot. If you don't understand the plot, you can mention what confuses you in your final review.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Is Discord mandatory?
A: No, unless you plan to become an admin/team leader. But it does make communication easier. Discord members receive news about changes/updates sooner than those who aren't.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Can I join your Discord server if I'm not a member of the book club?
A: No, it's for club members only.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: What if I don't like the team I'm on?
A: It's nearly impossible to make every team perfect. If you have one person on your team you aren't thrilled with, all we can do is quote the late, great Meat Loaf: "two out of three ain't bad." If the problem lays with more than one team member or there's a book you can't read because you find it triggering, then please speak up. We try to accommodate all reasonable requests.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: My partner didn't read my book. Do I still have to read theirs?
A: Yes, unless you've been instructed otherwise beforehand. You don't need to worry about what your partner is doing. The team leads and founders will handle it.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: My partner asked for an extension, do I get one too?
A: No. You still have to do your assignment by the due date unless you've been instructed otherwise.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: I've been in the club for a while now. Why am I not a rockstar yet?
A: Probably because your comments are the bare minimum or aren't constructive. The more you put into this club and your comments, the more you'll get out of it. Please review the How to Become a Rockstar section.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Why did I lose my rockstar status and what does that mean?
A: You've lost it because you've either given unimpressive feedback for three or more consecutive rounds or you've had strikes or asked for numerous extensions that keep disrupting your team.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Why do I have to tag people and give a shoutout in my announcements?
A: With the elimination of the forums (remember them?), shoutouts in your announcements helps spread the word. A lot of people don't read announcements so tagging brings them directly to our membership application page.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Do prologues count as chapters?
A: As stated in How the Club Works, in order for a prologue or epilogue to count as a chapter, it must be at least 1,000 words or at least five minutes reading time per Wattpad.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Can you explain to me how the club works?
A: Read the section titled How the Club Works. (Yes, we get this question a lot)

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Why do you require a minimum of six months Wattpad membership to join your club?
A: There are a few reasons. Chief among them is that we've had issues in the past where people aren't getting the instant praise or recognition from WP that they think they deserve, and they end up leaving the platform. Another reason is that newcomers to Wattpad aren't prepared for the type of feedback they'll receive from a club with such high expectations as ours.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: I commented that I was done with my assignment, but I still got a strike. Why?
A: Most likely because you didn't tag your team lead and/or didn't include the chapter numbers you've read. If you don't tag your team lead, they will not know you're finished. Without the chapter numbers, they won't know where to look. You must tag your team lead in the team chapter for each round. Tagging them anywhere else, does not count.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: In the round announcements you shouted out other people who were added to reading lists, but you didn't list mine. Why?
A: One of three reasons.
1) You didn't tell us.
2) We missed it. We're sorry. We're only human. Remind us, and we'll add it in the next round.
3) You were added to a list that isn't Wattpad official.

💀💀💀💀💀

Q: Why did I receive a strike for not completing my assignment? I posted an announcement that I would be off Wattpad for a certain time period.
A: Your team lead or the club account needs to be informed directly. Announcements can get missed.