"Tell me! Say that you don't like me touching other woman, say that you don't want to see my children being born!" Jing with a childish expression, shook Lu Cang who laid beneath him. He seemingly wanted to see Lu Cang expressed his jealousy so that he would be pleased.

Lu Cang opened and closed his mouth to say something, but in the end, he couldn't say anything. From the very start, he had realized that if he wanted to stay by Jing's side, he had to accept the reality of Jing's position as the Imperium supreme ruler. Though, once, he secretly wished for Jing to reserve himself and be loyal to only him, that wishful expectation, three years ago, when the second prince was born, was shattered and evaporated.

Lu Cang was almost 30 years. When he was alone, he thought about every possible circumstances when he aged and his appearance waned. No matter what he thought, he could never portray the image of Jing loving an old man. And the historical records also couldn't give any references to such matter. ---- It was written in the record that if not the male favorites died in their youth and young ages, It would be the ones who loved and valued them who died first in their young ages. ; Either, they were out of favor or left before they grew old. There was no such precedent as an over 30 years old male favorite still could monopolize the favor of the Emperor.

Only Heaven knew for another 5, 10, 20 years in the future, what he and Jing would become. Perhaps within the next two years, he would have become part of the past that Jing desperately wanted to forget.

If this love was destined not to be eternal, Lu Cang didn't want to provide whatever reasons for Jing to leave him. He was willing to compromise and sacrifice, he would give everything within his might to lengthen their times together in each other company, no matter how long it would last, even for a little short while, or a moment was fine too.

"Say something!" Jing seemed like he greatly disliked seeing the looks of Lu Cang who endured and submitted to the humiliation. He was fixed to urge Lu Cang to lose his temper by provoking him.

To tell the truth, in accordance to Lu Cang's nature, only after a great difficulty in restraining himself from emitting a grievance in his mind could he talked about such topic with Jing. There were also many times he seriously wanted to have a fit of anger, but he was afraid that Jing would break the relationship just like that. However.......

Breathed in deeply and absorbed what he actually meant, Lu Cang finally opened his mouth . : "Congratulations!" His tone was calm and even, completely couldn't be heard of any hint of his heart's intense undulating, like a furious billows of the wind.

Jing's face became cold and rigid. Without saying a word, he got up and began to put his clothes in order.

Lu Cang slowly dragged his clothes over to cover his own naked body. Cocking his head, he bit his lips hard. He always doubted himself on how to get along with Jing. He was afraid if the situation was allowed to develop any further, the two of them would inevitably part ways.

To cover up his own unbearable misery and melancholy, Lu Cang unconsciously unfolded the letter in his hand, which had reduced into a crumpled ball. He swiftly swept his eyes on the line written in the letter, but then suddenly froze.

"Ah!" Lu Cang's cried out in alarm voice made Jing who was just about leaving without saying anything, halted his step to the front door.

"What's wrong?" Jing did not turn his head to look back, one of his hands already coldly placed onto the doorframe.

Lu Cang's voice sounded at a loss. "Third Brother...Cao Xin, he's seriously ill. He wishes for my quick return to Hangzhou to visit him."

"The Northern Procession departs tomorrow." Jing muttered and pondered for a moment and remembered the initial purpose as why he wanted to seek out for Lu Cang.