You're My World (Ruesha Littlejohn and Katie McCabe)

Ruesha Littlejohn had been unhappy for a while with her relationship with Katie McCabe. Like something was missing, no matter how much she loved the Irish captain. For months, something was wrong. She was losing all the happiness within her life. Finally finding some time to spend with her girlfriend, Ruesha was at Arsenal to surprise Katie. What she didn’t expect was a teammate arguing with the Irish lass, notably Lia Walti, away from the others; red faced with tears as Leah Williamson comforted her.

“Hey babe wha-” Rue was cut off.

“Oh look who it is, your girlfriend” Leah spat to Katie.

“What did I walk in on? The team finally realised you suck?” Rue said teasingly.

“Rue, I’m sorry” Katie said. Ruesha walked up to her.

“For what. I’m here to surprise you and you're saying sorry? You’re weaker than I thought McCabe. What have you done this time?” Ruesha said.

“Yeah Katie, what have you done?” Leah snidely said, holding Lia.

“feck off, Leah. Can we talk somewhere quieter please” Katie grabbed Rue's hand, walking into another room.
Katie breathes a long sigh.

“Rue, I fucked up” Katie said. Rue looked at Katie confused.

“What did you do?” Rue said curiosity. Katie pushed a piece of her own hair behind her ear nervously before replying.

“So you know how Lia and Caitlin broke up two months ago? Well I um when Jordan, Caitlin and I went on holiday something happened” Rue looked devastated as she took her hand away from the Irish captains.

“Rue, it was not what you think. Let me explain” Katie said trying to hold on only to be shrugged off, Katie’s heart broke.

“What could be the excuse huh? what’s the excuse Katie let me know” Ruesha said, Katie stared into her eyes trying to find the words.

“For starters, I didn’t do anything let me explain please baby girl. Well as I said um something happened. We were on a night out - was the I was the DD just keep that in mind. So um Jordan and Caitlin were fucked out their mind so I brought them to the hotel so nothing happened to them. Um I kept them in my room for the night. Caitlin and I were up and Jordan was asleep when she asked me how we were. How I still feel after all these years together then um she started to cry over Lia. Then she said how good looking I was. I didn’t know what to say all I could think about was you. I only have eyes for you, I only think of you baby girl. She told me she fancied me before trying to kiss me, I moved away before anything happened. Caitlin knows we are just friends. She knows I love you and only you. This is why I been avoiding you; I didn’t know how to react” Rue didn’t have a readable expression on, it scared the Arsenal player.

“It took you this long to tell me! Katie, how can I be happy when you didn’t fucking tell me. Yes, you didn’t kiss her but we have been going distance for awhile. I love you but maybe we have run our course” Ruesha said before walking away. Katie started to cry. She just lost the one person who meant everything to her. Next thing she heard was arguing. She walked in to the locker room to see Rue standing by Caitlin.

“Are you fucking kidding me Foord, you tried to kiss my girlfriend! Well congratulations, you can have her” Katie cried even harder. Arms wrapped around her, soothing words in her ear. Kim was trying to calm the Irish captain down.

“I was drunk, I wasn’t thinking what I was doing!” Caitlin shouted back.

“I don’t care. She was mine and you had to mess with our relationship! Don’t speak to me at the World Cup, don't even look at me!” Ruesha shouted at the Australian international.