|1.|

March 6, 2016 | 2:13 PMTulum, Mexico

Tulum, Mexico

_____

Kari swayed her hand back and forth in the water as the loud voices of her friends in the background filled her ears. They were all going on and on about how they were going to die and that underwater rafting was only for the white people because they were known for doing dumb shit like this.

"If I tip over into this water, I'm suing them so bad." Amai whined while Romeo sat behind her dying in laughter at the look on her face.

"You can't sue if you willingly got on the damn raft." Brooklyn frowned. "I should've thought this through."

"We all should've." Jordan agreed.

Kari smacked her lips. "If y'all don't shut up. It's almost over now with y'all whiny asses." She frowned. Today was her 26th birthday and their last day in Tulum. The whole group had surprised her with a 4 day trip to show their appreciation and love for her. So far Kari had spent everyday drunk and shaking her ass on the piano in their villa.

With her always being so busy with her job as a graphic designer and tattooing people in her free time, Kari never got the opportunity to truly live so her friends made sure they helped her learn to enjoy the finer things in life. The trip alone had made her cry so she couldn't imagine what they had planned for her tonight.

"Whew I'm so glad that's over." Nasir mumbled after he'd climbed out of the raft quickly. "Kari I love you, but please, never suggest anything like that ever again baby." He shook his head.

"Y'all such babies." Kari playfully rolled her eyes.

"No we just black people with sense." Brookyln let out a breath feeling relieved that it was finally over.

"Well I thank you guys for still coming even though you all were against it. I love y'all." Kari smiled. "So much."

Kari was grateful for their friend group because they all always did something for the other no matter if they were scared, second guessing it, or simply didn't want to and that's what she loved the most about their friend group. The togetherness and love everyone shared for one another.