Beach.(Ken x autistic! Wife! Reader.)

This oneshot was requested by @RandomAutisticGirl
It was my first oneshot, and it's a bit short, so I apologise for that, but I hope it lives up to your expectations!

"Ken? Honey, it's lunchtime! I made your favourite!"

Called Y/N, standing on the border between the pavement and the beach.

Ken smiled at the sound of his wife's voice.

"Coming babe!"
He yelled in reply, packing up the beads, shells and string he had been using to make jewellery. This was his favourite thing so far on the 'finding Ken' list.

Just as he made his way over to you, grinning from ear to ear, he realised something.

"Angel, why aren't you on the beach? You usually come and get me and see what I've been doing."
He asked.

Y/N looked uncomfortably down at the sand in front of her, repeatedly pulling at the string on the tie-dye Sherpa hoodie she stole from Ken with one hand, and fiddling with the hem with the other.

"Bad sensory day. My body has apparently decided sand is a no-go today."

Ken's eyes softened slightly. That explained the sensory-safe hoodie and loose-fitting pants
(This is what I wear on bad sensory days so this is the best example I have)

"I'm sorry, darling. You love to beach. Is there anything I can do to help?"
He asked, stepping onto the hard ground, next to Y/N.

"Not really. Just gotta ride the storm. But thanks for asking, love."

"Alright then. Let's get back to the dream house and eat that delicious food you cooked up, shall we?"
Ken said, smiling.

The two turned their backs to the beach and made their way home.

They walked back in silence, Y/N being too lost in her own head due to overstimulation to really say anything.

Ken, realising this, spoke
"Oh, yeah, Y/N?"
She turned to him as he rummaged through his f/c and blue tote bag of jewellery-making stuff.

After a few seconds, he exclaimed
"Aha!"
Pulling out something and holding it in the air above his head, triumphantly.

He brought it back down and held it out on the palm of his hand for Y/N to see.

It was a chain made up of various sizes of blue and F/C beads, cool shells and differently shaped charms.

"I made you this! Most of the beads are pretty big, so you can fiddle with them and I added a bunch of shapes and sizes of shells and stuff so you can use it to stim!"
He finished with a proud smile on his face.

Y/N looked from the chain to Ken and back again.

"What? Don't you like it?"
Ken asked.

Y/N quietly said
"If my body would let me, I would kiss you right now."

Ken smiled as Y/N took the chain and started fidgeting with it.

"Thank you. I really do love you, you know?"
She added, looking up at him, still fidgeting with a F/C and blue bead.

Ken grinned even wider if possible.
"You are very much welcome. I love you too."