Chapter Sixteen

It was 7:45 the next morning and I was waiting at the janitor's closet exactly where Matt directed. It was quiet and dark. I had no idea what me and Matt really were. Friends with benefits I guess. I had to ask myself if I was completely okay with that.

It seemed sad but wouldn't anybody do anything to kiss and cuddle with the person they love? I liked the feeling and he makes me happy so why not?

Moments later the door burst open and in a second I was pinned up on the wall and the lips I had just been thinking about seconds ago were on mine.

"Good morning baby," Matt whispered barely breaking away.

I pulled away. "So wanna talk?" His lips made a somewhat frown.

"No offence Abi, but is this your first time doing this?" I answered with a small nod. "Well, there's not much talking involved. We just... have fun."

I stared at Matt for a second before responding, "okay."

He started to lean in again when the morning bell rang.

"Looks like I have to go." I grabbed my bag and walked out.

I really didn't want to leave Matt. I love being with him but kissing him and feeling all passionate feels so wrong and sad when he has a girlfriend and it is just 'fun' for him.

Sometimes I wish you could make feelings stop. That way I could just like flip a switch and turn them off and not have to worry about him. But it was so the opposite, I cared about Matt more than I have cared about anyone since Malik. It sucks just to think I never cross his mind unless I'm giving him something.

I took my regular seat next to Jack and gave a weak smile to him.

"Everything okay Abs?" He leaned over to pat my arm. I nodded because I just hated people feeling like it's their job to make me happy especially when they're always happy like Jack.

Soon later, Matt walked in. He went straight to his desk in front of me and didn't say anything or look at me. He sat down and put his forehead into his hands.

I looked over to Jack who looked fairly confused at the situation.

"What happened?" he lipped without talking. I shrugged looking back over to Matt.

Mr. Arthur walked in, "good morning everybody. We will be carrying on from yesterday...Matthew, sleeping over there?"

"No sir." Matt lifted his head to sit up straight. Mr. Arthur kept talking while I kicked Matt's chair. Nothing. I tapped him on the back. Nothing.

What the hell?

Looks like I had another day to waste thinking about how to deal with Matt again. I really need something else to think about. This was getting too exhausting for me.

25 minutes before the bell, Matt left saying he felt sick. He was acting so weird. I started walking down towards math remembering we were the first class of the day in that classroom.

I opened the door not-so-shocked to see Bobby sitting on a desk while Matt was standing in between her legs while making out.

"Uh, excuse me. Could you leave?" Bobby rolled her eyes at me.

"Babe chill. We'll pick this up later." Matt winked at her pulling her off the desk.

He avoided looking at me as he walked Bobby out.

Okay, I am not doing this. I walked right out of the classroom before anyone saw me. I walked outside and took a seat on the bench in the green space of our school.