Chapter Eleven

Everybody has that one person; the person whose smile excites them, whose presence makes them nervous, the person whose happiness makes them a little but happier but they have no idea why. There's no particular reason why you should feel this way, but you do. 

Did I like Matt? I wanted to answer no but I couldn't exactly say yes. I got really nervous around him and being around him causes me to feel this type of "lust" I've never felt before, but did I like him? It wasn't like to middle school crushes where you feel some type of immature love for them and want to be with him, Matt made me anxious but a good anxious. I was addicted to the type of anxiety he made me feel. 

I didn't exactly know Matt but it wasn't like he was a stranger either. Part of me wanted to get to know him; not his favorite color or his dream job but the things that made him feel different, places he wanted to travel and why, the things that caused him happiness and also the things that made him sad. I wanted to know many things about him and it's sad because while I'm dying to get inside his brain, it's filled with Bobby. I didn't exactly see the cute couple in them, every time I saw them they'd be making out or feeling each other up. What kind of relationship is that?

"Abi...?"

"Hmm?" I asked while being snapped out of my daydream.

"I asked you if you wanted to hangout tonight with some people.." Gilinsky confirmed.

We were sitting in science class working on our projects but Matt wasn't in class today. We had never really discussed our project and I had a feeling I'd be doing the whole thing.

"Uhm who?" I asked twirling my hair around the pencil I was using.

"Uh, Johnson, Andrea, Bri, Shawn, Cora, Hanna, some other guys and I think Jack wanted to invite Matt if that's cool."

The mention of Matt started a fire in my stomach making him shiver a bit.

"You okay?" Jack asked reaching out for my shoulder. I nodded.

"Uhm yeah that's cool." I agree.

"Okay, it's at my house again." He flashed me another one of his cheesy grins. 

Now I just had to get through the day.

-

It was 7:30 and I was sitting on a stool at the island of my kitchen drinking a soda and scrolling through twitter. Gilinsky texted me telling me that he'll inform me when I should go over. As always my dad was at work but his co worker picked him up leaving the car to me. He told me I was allowed to go out but told me not to stay out too long. 

It seemed everyone had something to do tonight by the amount of tweets and the unnecessary long snapchat stories. I preferred just hanging out and Gilinsky's house rather than going to a party. Then again, the last party I went to didn't end too well. Just as I was thinking my phone buzzed with the conformation that I could leave. Jack said a couple were there not including Matt or Johnson.

With that, I grabbed the keys off the counter. I was dressed pretty casually. I had fairly dark skinny jeans with a medium tone grey sweater. I decided to match it with my white converse and I just left my hair down to its natural curl. I didn't overdo the make up either.

Getting into the front seat of my dads car, I turned up the radio and checked myself in the mirror before pulling out. The sun was currently setting and I never minded driving during this time of day.

Not even finishing my fourth song of G-Eazy, I reached the house and cut the ignition. G-Eazy always put me in a really good and chill mood which was good for just hanging out.