Chapter Six

It was Friday morning which means that Drew's party was tonight. I didn't feel the motivation to go but at the same time I believed it would be good for me. I needed to get Matt off my mind. Thinking about him wasn't doing me any good. 

If I could go back and give my younger self any piece of advice, it would be to never fall for a bad boy. They're bad news but they're so addicting once you're attached and that was the sad truth. Usually if a guy did me wrong, I'd be over him in seconds but that isn't the case with Matthew. It's like he could completely shatter me into pieces and I'd still be trying to piece myself back together for him.

"There is a weird pleasure in loving someone who doesn't love you back."

I'm not going to say I love Matt because I couldn't possibly, but I have a unusual large amount of lust for him. 

I have decided I will push myself to move on. Matt is a player and he didn't ever want me nor will he ever. He's just a fuckboy who can't stick to one girl. 

I turn over to face the unsatisfying yet familiar rays of sun that shine through my window blinds. It's a blessing and a curse having my room facing where the sun rises. The perks are that the room remains sunny throughout most of the day and it keeps warm on its own and the obvious downside is that there's a painful wake up to it. Although, sleeping in a dark room might lead to me not waking up in the morning. Not like I didn't want that today.

I could sleep for hours feeling the way I was feeling. I pulled my hair up into a high messy bun so I'd be able to wash my face and put on my makeup without my hair getting in the way. Before I stepped out of bed my phone started ringing on the bedside table beside me.

"Hello?" I asked sort of groggy.

"Morning Abi!" It was Gilinsky. "Listen, I know your day is probably crap from what I know you saw last night so I brought you breakfast and I'm on my way. Text me the address," He giggled before hanging up the phone.

Part of me was freaking out due to the fact I had 10 minutes to get ready but the other part was all fluttery from thinking of how great of a best friend I had. It's hard to find a really good guy best friend and I didn't even have to look very far for mine.

In some ways, Gilinsky reminded me of Malik but I didn't see Gilinsky and I ever getting together. We weren't like that. Plus we both had interests in other people.

I put on leggings and a loose navy blue knit sweater that I matched with white converse. I didn't wanna get super dressed up considering I wasn't really trying to impress anyone but I also didn't wanna look like complete trash. I left my hair somewhat wavy as it is naturally and applied a small amount of makeup as I was rushing and there was no time if I made a mistake. I decided I would just buy lunch and by the time I opened my door, Gilinsky was sitting with his jeep in the drive way.

"Sure isn't a prince and carriage," I yelled out to Gilinsky with a small laugh.

"I'm also not a prince. Just a caring friend who cares so much to bring you McDonalds breakfast. Hurry up." He raised his eyebrows at me.

I swung the door open slouching into the passenger seat of Jack's car. He handed me a McDonalds bag with a cheesy smile.

'So let's talk." Jack said.

"um...about?" I said chewing on my hashbrown. Jack knows they're my favorite.

"Matt."

Silence.

"You did see the post?" I nodded. "It wasn't Jack..It was Bobby who posted it. She took Jack's phone and he didn't realize until this morning when he checked Instagram. I asked him about it and that's the answer he gave me. He was gonna check in but I told him I would."