Chapter Eight

I fluttered my eyes open to face the familiar ceiling of my living room. I had a headache bigger than words could describe. My eyelids felt like a hundred pounds. I turned my gaze to my right and met with a pair of eyes burning into me and I jumped.

"Holy shit!" I yelled trying to make out the face as my vision wasn't yet 100%. 

"Didn't mean to scare you.."

Matthew. Wait. Why was he in my house?

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I yelled.

"Do you remember anything?" He asked ignoring my question.

"Sort of... I only remember dancing with Chris and he started getting kinda touchy-feely and I'm blank after that."

Matt licked his lips looking up at the ceiling to what appeared as him trying to find a reasonable answer.

"He uh.. drugged you. He planned to um... do things. But I stopped him. Jack was gonna take you home but he was sort of buzzed so I told him I'd take you and stay until you wake up... Which you are now. So looks like it's time for me to go."

Ugh. Same old Matt always leaving before we actually had a chance to talk. My stomach turned at the thought of him leaving. I was really scared from what had happened and being alone just didn't sound good right now. 

"What if I passed out again or something?" I asked in hope of him staying.

"You won't, it was probably just some cheap ass drug. You're fine Abigail." The way my name rolled off his tongue gave me goosebumps. "I'm sure you can call Jack or someone if you need any help." He cleared his throat while fixing his quiff in the mirror near the front door. "See you around."

Before I knew it, he was out the door and I was alone. Fuck. I was supposed to hate Matt, I was supposed to be getting over him. This is my fault. I shouldn't have thrown myself onto the first guy that came across. Lauren made Chris seem like a good guy. 

This whole situation did the opposite of helping me get over Matt. I think I was falling much harder. Before, all I had to live off of was his bad boy vibes and his looks. Now, I've seen him and in a different light, I've seen him care for me. Even through it was for a small 2 minutes I was conscious for, he was still watching me over the whole night. 

This feeling was turning into a much more hopeless lust. He dips on me whenever something happens. He does not seem like he wants to be around me. You'd think I'm being melodramatic. There are lots of people who can't be with the one they want. Except it's different. I know what Matt's lips feel like, I know the passion he puts into a small kiss that means nothing to him and I can only imagine what it feels like when he really loves it, I know how his hands feel around my body pulling me closer, I know what his breath feels like when he's exhaling in front of my face. 

I'm going insane.

I want him to be mine. To be held by him, kiss him and cuddle him. I wanna be the girl he gets excited to come to and make out with. I want to be the body on his mind at 3 in the morning when he can't sleep. I want to fulfill both his loving and sexual desires. I think about being the only girl he shares his feelings with. I dream about laying beside him in bed at 3 am just talking.

There's this saying that goes, "Once you think about waking up beside them, you're fucked." And that may be true but I believe I was fucked a long time ago; that day I saw him walk through the cafeteria. 

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked my phone off the glass coffee table and looked at the caller ID to see Jack was calling me. It wasn't Gilinsky though, it was Johnson.

"Uh, hello?"

"Hey Abi, it's Jack. I saw what went down right now. Wanna hangout or something?"

"That's weird. This is a call I'd expect from GIlinsky." I laugh.

"What Jack? I'm much more of a sappy lovey dude than that son of a bitch." He also laughs and it makes me smile.

"Yeah, in that case, sure. Can you come here? I don't really want to go out. I feel kind of shitty."

"Be there in 20." He hangs up.

I was really uncomfortable considering I was still in my skirt and knee socks with all the makeup on my face. I probably looked like a clown after sleeping with it on. I walked up the stairs to my room to quickly throw on sweatpants and a v-neck. I walked to the washroom to quickly wash the hideous smeared makeup off my face. I reapplied some mascara just so I didn't look completely horrible for Jack.

I was watching TV when the doorbell rang.

"Come in faggot." I yelled as I didn't want to get up.

"Hello to you too?" Jack said raising his eyebrows at me.

"I brought you a smoothie!" He said excitedly raising the pink smoothie.

I never thought of Jack being the sweet, cute and funny type but I guess I never had the time to get to know him.

He sat down beside me putting the smoothie down on the table.

"Rough night?" He asked.

"I wouldn't know." I shrugged. "The only hint is this enormous headache."

Jack laughed. 

"Yeah, that sucks. Well I saw what went down yesterday. You're lucky Matt was there. I don't think Chris will be around you anytime soon.

"What did he do...?" I ask sipping my smoothie.

Jack looked kind of stunned.

"Nothing other than the fact he beat his ass."

He...what?

"Pardon me?"

Jack then started to give off a more serious look.

"Chris was probably going to take advantage of you and Matt took it into his responsibility to make him back off. It didn't get too bad. Gilinsky stopped him before it got too bad. Matt never does that kind of thing for people. I don't even think I see him get that pissed when someone touches Bobby. He must have just been feeling protective or something last night."

I didn't know what to say. Matt physically protected me. Apparently it wasn't a normal thing either. Jack doesn't know what he's saying. Matt barely knows me. I'm nothing to get all extra protective over. 

"Matt probably didn't even know my name until last night when he offered to take me home. I'm sure he was just protecting me as a girl, not as Abi. You know?"

"Well....actually he mentioned you before the party even started."

_______

Author's Note:

I realized I wanted Johnson to be more involved in this story and I want to keep his personality somewhat the same as it is regularly. So now you get a better look at Jack. I also hope you like where I'm going with this....Guess you'll just have to wait to see what happens next whoops. Oh & don't hate me if there's grammatical errors because I didn't have time to proofread yikes.