Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"I will try, alright? Don't worry about your dad and I, we'll figure us out." She caressed the side of my face with a smile, her cheeks still tear stained.

"Okay." I gave in, not wanting to push too much in the matter.

We kept on talking the rest of the ride, I told her about my trip and my friends... avoiding of course many details. Morgan and Jason weren't my mom biggest fans for obvious reasons but they've come to like her just about enough.

When we arrived to my building we stood for a good five minutes outside because Candace kept hugging me everything we said goodbye.

She broke the hug again and I chuckled, "Bye mom."

"Okay, okay... just say it one more time."

"Mom come on." I shook my head—a smile on my face while seeing her's get bigger.

"Fine! I'll see you on Wednesday for dinner with your dad." She played with her car keys.

"You will."

"Bye sweetie, I love you."

"I love you too mom." I swear I saw her eyes began to be water again as she made her way back to her car.

I entered the building and it was not until then that I saw her car leave. Getting on the elevator with my luggage I texted Divya letting her know I just got home. Unfortunately she's still at work, which is why she couldn't go and pick me up from the airport. I also texted Elizabeth, Morgan and Jason telling them that I had arrived.

I unlocked the door of the apartment and sighed as I got in. I missed my home. A little trip is needed every now and then but there certainly is nothing like home.

The moment I saw my bed I threw myself in it. At least Divya or Grace had the decency of making the bed after sleeping on it.

I felt my phone ringing on my pocket—it was from replies of Morgan and Elizabeth along with a new text from Jessie.

Jessie

Are you back in Vancouver?

Just got home.

Nice, can we meet?

It sounds like someone missed me.

Can you answer the
question Kaden?

Yes, we can.
Divya is at work so come over.

I sent her my location and locked the phone.

I know she will come.

It's better to get this over with and come clean—whatever happens happens. I don't mind that she comes over to the apartment, Divya is not home yet and nothing is going to happen either way after I tell her the truth.

Twenty minutes later I heard knocking on the door—I put my towel inside the dryer and went to open it.

Jessie was standing there still in her work clothes. I moved from the door and didn't waste time to let her in just case.

"Did you scape work only to see me or—" I didn't get the chance to finish the sentence because the moment I closed the door Jessie all but jumped on me and kissed me. "And you say you didn't miss me," I muttered against her lips.

"Do you really have to?"

I backed away from her lips with a grin, "Say it."

"What?" She played dumb.

"Say that you missed me." I put my hands on her hips and pulled her closer.

Jessie rolled her eyes, "I missed... this." She squeezed my face making my lips pucker out, with a smile playing on her own lips.

"That's a part of me, you know?" I raised a brow.

"A very skilled one."

"I'll take that as compliment from you—" She shushed me with another kiss, but as Jessie walked me backwards towards the hall where the rooms were I knew I had to stop her. "Wait... wait."

We stopped just in front of my room, "What's wrong?"

"We have to talk." The moment those words left my lips Jessie's demeanor changed. I grabbed her hand and led her inside my room—I closed the door and led us to sit on the bed.

"What happened Kaden?" Her face was now stoic, you couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"I— during the trip I met someone and we... we slept together." Good Kaden just rip off the bandaid. I looked down to my hands—I didn't like that I was feeling guilty... we are not a couple! So why am I feeling like a dick?.

"You slept with someone else?" Jessie asked me as if to be sure she heard right.

"Jessie I'm sorry—"

"I should go." She stood up from the bed, but I followed her and grabbed her arm.

"I know what this means, I didn't want to lie to you that's why I'm telling you." I kept trying to explain myself from some reason.

"No, it's fine I shouldn't have expected you to keep the agreement. It was stupid in the first place." Jessie bit the inside of her cheek as she looked everywhere in the room, but at me.

"I agreed to it, I should've kept my word." But sometimes I don't think with my brain. "I understand if you want to break this... whatever you want to call what it is between us."

She's hurt I can see that she is. Maybe we are getting out of hand. No she can't be hurt over me being with somebody else, she's probably just angry that I broke my word. That's it. It has to be it, she's married she doesn't care that much about me other than for sex.

"Jess?"

"I need to think," she ran a hand through her hair. She didn't answer my question. "And I can't do it here."

"Jess I'm sorry." A part of me told me I didn't have to apologize... but seeing her was enough to break down my walls.

"I'll talk to you another time." Jessie took my hand off her arm and I watched her slip out of the room. And soon enough she was gone.

Like she never even was here.

I thought telling her the truth would be for the best, but now I just feel frustrated at myself for realizing how much I care the way I do for a married woman. For Jessie.

It's better for the both of us if this is the end, before it is too late. Now I can see that.

A/N - Could've gone worse right? Lol.