Chapter Six

Depuis le début

Elijah approaches Evie, "Can't have what, Miss Evelyn?" Evie keeps looking at the chest, "If we remove the chest, the room will flood with the waters of the Nile." Evie notices the lock on the chest looks like a smaller version of the key from Hamunaptra, she looks around the chamber and sees the small key hanging from one of the warrior mummies' necks. She pulled the chain and the mummy's head fell off, "Oops. Sorry." Elijah's lips twitch upward.

Klaus kept his eyes on Omo, she had moved to the back wall and opened a secret chamber. She was struggling to pull out a heavy box containing her personal spell books. She had hidden them here because they were valuable to her. Klaus grabs the box from her, "Let me help you, love." Omo was glad for the help; she had forgotten how heavy they were. She speaks to Evie, "Tell him it contains my magic books." Evie nods, "She says it contains her magic books." Klaus and Elijah share a look. A Grimoire from Ancient Egypt would be invaluable.

Stefan was becoming bored. He was concentrating on the noise going on outside when he heard several vehicles approaching. He warns the Originals, "We got company!" Elijah and Klaus hear him loud and clear. Klaus plans quickly, "I grab Omo and her box. You grab Evie and the chest." Elijah nods. Evie noticed their shift in behavior, "What's going on?" Elijah grabs Evie around the waist, "We have company." Klaus grabs onto Omo and her box and whooshes out of there. Elijah warns Evie, "I'm going to grab the chest and we're going to follow Klaus. Hold on." Evie wraps her arms around Elijah's neck and closes her eyes. The moment Elijah picks up the chest, the walls start to shake and crumble. Elijah whooshes out of the chamber as the walls give way to the rushing waters of the Nile.

They are almost out to the front of the temple when the floor gives way beneath their feet. The room they fell into overlooks a deep chasm; its walls filled with thousands of shelves packed with papyrus scrolls. Water from the Nile is flooding into the room. Evie is in a panic, "No! The Library of Alexandria!" Momentarily Elijah is torn. He feels similar to Evelyn seeing these precious scrolls becoming soaked, but he is unable to do anything about it. Klaus has jumped out of the hole in the floor and is rushing back to the front of the temple. Elijah hesitates before following his brother. Both Elijah and Evie were heartbroken to leave such a find behind to get destroyed.

When they reached the front of the temple, Stefan had killed a few of the armed men that entered the temple. These mercenaries belonged to the High Priest that is organizing Imhotep's resurrection. They were tasked with retrieving the Bracelet of Anubis as well as a cursed chest filled with Ankh-Su-Namu's canopic jars. They had found the cursed chest in a chamber off to the side of the main entrance but were unable to go any further. The mercs were being attacked by Stefan, then Klaus and Elijah joined the fight. Three of the mercs escaped with the cursed chest. They were to meet with the High Priest on the train in a couple of days.

Klaus and Elijah kept the women out of sight for their safety, not knowing both Omo and Evie knew how to fight. Once the fight was over, the group loaded the chests and themselves into their vehicle and drove out of there. Elijah had pulled his phone out to make a few calls. Evie kept looking back at the temple not even bothering to hide her sadness at the loss of the ancient library. Stefan was driving, Elijah in the passenger seat, Klaus in the back next to Omo. Elijah hung up his cell and turned to Evie, "I contacted some people I trust to excavate the temple and try to savage the library. They were instructed to give credit for the find to you, Miss Evelyn." Evie sighs in relief, "Thank you, Elijah." The Original nodded and turned back to face the front as they traveled back to Elijah's Estate.

Omo leaned over her seat to the box containing her books and opened it. She smiled when she saw all five were still in there, as well as THE Scepter of Osiris. Picking up the top one, Omo opened it. The book was carved from stone and only had a few "pages". Evie read the page closest to her, "This book reads like the Book of the Dead. It's an exact copy." Elijah turns to face the woman from the passenger seat, "Is that a good thing, Miss Evelyn?" Evie nods, "It is. The Book of the Dead gives life. While the Book of Amun-Ra takes it." Elijah purses his lips, "Interesting."