Chapter Twelve

Earlier that morning, when everyone woke up, Lady (Y/n) presented the mines' property acts to her fellow councils members with the upmost of pride. They all rejoiced, as this Leopold Casterham has been the cause of a lot of distress amongst their meetings prior to the Shuffling. This was huge.
"Isn't this amazing Arnold?!" she looked at him.
The young man has been speechless after the collective 'what?!' that was let out when she told them the news. Catherine and Gwendoline didn't miss a chance to call him out on it. They said it was the first time they've seen him this flabbergasted before. Hearing (Y/n) calling his name snapped him out of his trance. She repeated the question.
"...Yeah."
"Be more enthusiastic will you?" Catherine gave his a light hit on the back. "This will surely create a huge domino effect back home, won't it Lady (L/n)?"
"I very much hope so!" the lady checked the time. "Oh, I have to go!"
"Already?" Gwendolyn looked at it as well.
"Yes!" she said with a bright smile. "We planned another meeting and I believe King Darling is a very early bird so he must already be there. Here." she gave the documents to Arnold. "Send them back to the castle." she winked. "Alright!" she quickly went to her room to get some documents. "You guys have a fun weekend!"

"The King's an early bird also?" she raised an eyebrow. "Wow, you two make a great pair."
"Huh?!" she looked at her with big eyes. "Me and-?! What? Why would you say that? Huh?"
"I meant as business partners."
"Oh! Oh..." she cleared her throat. "Right."
There was an awkward silence. Gwendolyn blinked twice, a bit disturbed along with the other, as they've never seen Lady (Y/n) act like this before. Catherine smirked.
"What did you think she meant?"
"Nothing! Gotta go!" and with that, she left.
The two ladies looked at each-other and giggled.

On the way to the meeting room, Lady (Y/n) came across Miss Partridge.
"Oh my! Hello Miss Partridge!" she curtsied. "What a pleasant surprise to see you again."
"Good morning my Lady." she bowed. "You seem to be in a very good mood today. It is a delight to see."
"You're right, I am!" she beamed as they began walking together. "I'm off to a very important meeting."
"Oh." she chuckled. "If you hadn't told me, I would've assumed you were off to see some very good friends of yours."
"Oh! W-Well..." she scratched her head, bashfully looking to the side. "There might be a bit of truth to that as well. What about you? Where are you off to?"
"I was actually coming back from a task given to me by his Majesty the young King."
"I see... You were successful I hope."
"It was only for a checkup, and everything is in order."

She wanted to ask more questions, but then Poppy spoke again.
"If I may ask: have you had breakfast before leaving your quarters?"
"Oh, I didn't actually." she shook her head. "I only had time to have my coffee. But you see, this meeting is-"
She stopped herself when she sensed a familiar aura coming from the sorceress. Something changed about her, the look in her eyes was different. And (Y/n) recognized it: it would seem that Miss Partridge's motherly instinct has kicked in!
"I understand that this meeting is very important to you. But starting your day on an empty stomach is simply no good my Lady!" she picked up the pace. "Follow me, quickly!"
"O-Okay!" she agreed without thinking.
She led her to the kitchens and asked her to sit at the small table. To (Y/n)'s shock, there was already someone sitting there, but what shocked her was who that person was.
"M-My King!" she bowed.

"Lady (L/n). Good morning." Wally stood up and bowed as soon as he saw her. "Hello again, Miss Partridge." he smiled at her. "Is Lady (L/n) joining me for breakfast?"
"Your perceptiveness never ceases to amaze me." she smiled back.
While (Y/n) sat across from Wally, Poppy used her magic to change her sorceress robe into a simple dress with an apron and a cute headscarf. She asked her newest customer what she wanted for breakfast and (Y/n) was hesitant at first, but she ended up ordering something quick and simple. Now that Wally had someone else at the table, he waited for her to have her food for him to continued eating.
"Were you perhaps..." he leaned closer to whisper, making her lean closer as well. "on your way to the meeting when you've stumbled upon Miss Partridge."
"Y-" she frowned. "Yes, I was. Were you?"
He nodded. From the nonchalant look on his face, he seemed accustomed to this happening. She contained a laugh.
"I've always suspected her to have some kind of sixth sense." he said.
"Using magic gives you a sixth sense?"
"Only to recognize other magic users. I've never seen one for breakfast-skippers..."