Ch. 22 | Love Stories

Start from the beginning

"Really?" he raised his eyebrow and sauntered towards her, closing the space she'd put between them. His eyes glinted as they travelled from her face to the space between her thighs then back up, "Because I'm starving."

And there it was, as if it had merely been on standby waiting to be activated by his slick tongue, that betraying warmth that flooded Ava's nervous system like hot, melted wax, trickling to every part of her -some more than others.

"Then you should eat."  

Aiden wondered if she picked up on her double entendre. He swept his tongue across his lips and imagined what they would taste like if he was licking Ava off of them. He slipped his arms around her waist and interlocked his fingers with hers, "Oh I intend to," he smirked.

Her skin lit up, her burns making her turn scarlet instead of the rose gold shade he was most fond of. He didn't mind this saturated colour though; it made her blush more intense, giving the illusion that he was affecting her more than usual.

*

Aiden escorted Ava back into the kitchen and proudly presented her with a stack of vegan pancakes with a small jug of maple syrup, a bowl of fruit salad and a cup of camomile tea. She was taken aback by all of the trouble he had gone through. It smelled and looked so delicious that her tummy made a gurgling sound.

He pulled the stool out for her, "Have a seat."

Ava sat tentatively on the edge of it, too aware of Aiden's hand holding the edge of the stool for her to risk brushing her ass against his fingers.

He pushed her in and grabbed his plate from the counter. When he turned back to her he found that she still hadn't touched her food. "Don't you like it?" he frowned.

"I don't want it." Her stomach gurgled again.

Aiden sat opposite her and set his plate down, "Bullshit. Eat," he ordered her gruffly.

She picked up her cutlery, cut a small piece of the pancake and put it in her mouth to appease him. Dammit, it tasted even better than she thought it would. She thought that if it tasted even a little crappy she could resist the urge to scoff it down, but they were so light and fluffy that she found herself closing her eyes and making appreciative sounds. She hadn't realised how hungry she was until she tasted it.

Aiden raised his eyebrow at her, watching as she devoured her food the way Stone did when he was high. "Good?"

Her eyes popped open. "It's edible," she said stiffly.

Aiden grinned, "I can live with that." He grabbed the maple syrup and happily poured it over his pancakes.

Ava stopped for a moment, dazzled by the way he had managed to become even more appealing. His teeth, straight and white, contrasted against his skin and his eyes were brighter. 'He should smile more', she thought.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes, "Pass the syrup."

"Manners, Ava-Marie," he replied indolently.

Ava's stomach tightened and her mouth went dry.

With shaky hands she picked up her tea and took a sip. His request transported her back to that night in the bathroom when he'd first propositioned her to submit to him, and how foolish she felt having to constantly address him as an authority figure in fear of receiving a punishment for not doing so. She hoped that with the new territory that there would be new rules, that Aiden would put an end to that, but it didn't seem that way.