Last Day of School

Percy had started at a new school (not a boarding school for once)and had made a friend named Tyson. Tyson was a charity case the school had, but he had never been to school, and didn't even know the basics. No one knew anything about his life before the school year, but Percy had seen scars, like whips and claw marks, on Tyson's back. It was rumored that he had been part of a gang, a mafia, maybe even a victim of human trafficking. But no one knew for sure. 

Percy had invited Tyson over for late lunch, she opened the door and entered her house. Tyson followed, his feet thumping loudly behind her. 

"Hello?" She called out. She walked into the kitchen and dropped her bag onto the floor. The demigoddess checked the fridge for a note from her aunt, but it was bare. 

"My Aunt isn't home. She probably won't get back until tomorrow or the day after." She informed Tyson. "Come on, let's get you some lunch that those brats can't steal from you." 

Tyson nodded, his hands holding onto the single book he owned. It was Magic Treehouse book that Percy had been trying to teach him to read. But Percy herself was dyslexic and could barely read the first grade level book without getting a huge migraine. 

"What do you want? A ham and cheese sandwich? Or do you want mac and cheese?" She offered. 

Tyson didn't reply, he was busy trying to sit on the stool. Percy waited for him to sit, and then asked again. 

"Food." Tyson said, "What you want." 

Percy grinned, "Mac and Cheese it is then." She turned around and went to go make a pot of the cheesy goodness. 

She reached for the pot on the stove when she heard a clattered come from the door. She turned around. "Tyson?" He was sitting on the stool, whimpers escaping from deep in his throat. 

Percy's eyebrows knitted together, her hand letting go of the pot. She looked around the corner to see five men. They were all tall and built, each holding at least one type of mortal weapon. 

"Crap--" She leapt towards Tyson, grabbing his arm. She snatched up her backpack with her arm, pulling it over her shoulder. She pulled Tyson away to the backdoor, and ran out. She leapt over the gate, Tyson crashing through it behind her. 

Tyson stumbled behind the daughter of Poseidon, saying, "Percy, wh-what's wrong?"

"No questions. Just keep running!" She said, "It will be fine, just stay with me." 

Tyson ran after her, crashing into the trees and fire hydrants on the sidewalk. 

Percy turned the corner, saying "Just a littl--" when she ran into someone. She tripped forward to the ground, face-first. She groaned, her lips throbbing in pain. 

"Oh, Percy!" A voice called out,

Percy opened her eyes, her gaze meeting the beautiful grey eyes of the daughter of Athena. She smiled at Percy offering her hand. Percy grabbed onto it, her cheeks heating up. 

"Sorry for running into you," Percy said embarrassed. 

Annabeth grinned, "It's fine. Uh-I think you busted your lip," She said, her smile faltering. 

The raven-haired girl shrugged. "Nothing I don't get on a daily basis. It's fine." 

Annabeth's smile grew into a frown. "Is it bullies? Or monsters?" Her concern for her friend growing. 

"Nei- it's nothing. I want you to meet Tyson, he's my friend from school!" Percy said, changing the subject. 

Annabeth perked up, turning around to greet the boy. Her face lost all color, her hand reaching for the dagger in her belt. "Get away from him, Percy. He's a monster."