Chapter 1. Nobody is created equal

Rain poured throughout the green grass of the cemetery as a coffin can be seen being lowered to a hole on the ground. The people attending the burial shared the same somber and despair in their faces.

As they placed the coffin in the hole, everyone from the crowd tossed in white roses and wished the dead peace and love. It was an emotional day for the people at the burial.

Three people in particular had more emotion in their faces as tears leaked out of their eyes and their cries of agony echoed with the dripping rain. They are the family of the dead and the most devastated by this. They just lost their son and brother. The person most precious to them is gone forever.

The youngest of the three, a girl with long fluffy, dark green hair, was the one crying the loudest. Guilt, anger, sadness, and regret can be felt in her cries.

For all her life, she had tormented her twin brother. Belittling him, hurting him, and ignoring him from time to time. Doing all this to "protect" him from his impossible and dangerous dream of becoming a hero.

As she did all of that, she neglected to cherish the time she had with him and now that he's gone, it was too late.

While the family watched as the coffin was being buried in the hole, they all failed to see a figure clad in a black hoodie looking from afar before swinging away from their location using the web coming out of his wrists.

This mysterious figure is Izuku Yagi, or the person who is supposed to be "dead" and buried right now. Why would he fake his death? Why wouldn't he just go to his family and tell them he's still alive?

Quite frankly, he doesn't know as well. But maybe it's because of the reason he got into this situation…

=====

A FEW MONTHS AGO

=====

Never fear! Why!? FOR I AM HERE!” Izuku smiled in amazement as he replayed the video for the umpteenth time today. The video consists of All Might’s debut video, the same video that made Izuku idolize the Number 1 Hero. He always thought that the hero looked so cool saving people and fighting villains.

It also made him dream to become a hero once. He sighed at that memory.

“Midoriya!” he jolted from his seat as he closed his laptop at the call from his teacher. Clearly unamused by his behavior with the way his teacher’s eye is twitching.

“Yes, sir?” he asked nervously, not wanting to anger the teacher. He could hear the class break out laughing at his expense.

“I have been calling you for the last 5 minutes.” The teacher in front just sighed in annoyance as he pinched the bridge of his nose before pointing at the writings on the blackboard. “Can you just solve the equation on the board?”

Izuku blinked and looked at the board. “Oh. It’s X equals 20.432.'' he said, shrugging sheepishly at the man in front. The class immediately went silent. Most of his classmates blinked at him before they looked at their teacher.

The teacher could only huff in amusement, Izuku had always been like this so that it doesn’t surprise him anymore. “That’s correct, but please pay attention to class next time.” he said to the green-haired boy.

Said boy scratched his head sheepishly. “Right. Sorry, sir.” he said. The teacher nodded before continuing his lecture.

Izuku sighed before leaning to his seat. He dodged another bullet there. He really needs to pay attention to class more often, despite it appearing to be too easy for him. Ever since he was young Izuku had always seen math equations and other science related subjects fascinating.