Getting Into The Swing of Things

If you told me two years ago that I would be standing in front of a bunch of cameras, dodging questions on ridiculous topics like some sort of princess, I would have probably thrown a bowl of Slop Shop Sunday Special in your face. But here I was, smiling at the press as they bombarded me with questions. It's been almost four months since our return to the Enchanted Forest, and subsequently, mine, Ben and our friends' return to Auradon. Our arrival back to the Kingdom was met with tearful hugs from Ben's parents and rousing joyful cheers from our friends. I miss my sister and nephew dearly, but I had my friends from Auradon, my parents, and even Regina, who's been helping me with my magic. Within the time we've been back, Ben and I have been trying to secure Peace Declarations from each of the Kingdoms in the Enchanted Forest so our Realm would feel safe. We managed to get each of them quickly, but it was the process of responding was taking a while. We were almost done, the final one that we had to reply to was my parent's kingdom, they were patient, and we were hosting a ball for all of the Kingdoms we promised Peace to, to celebrate our union. Now, let's get to the events of that week.

"Princess Hadley!" One of the reporters called, their cameras flashing in my face. "Princess Hadley! Please, over here, Princess Hadley!"

"Only three days 'till the Union Ball!" A reporter said. I waved at all the cameras in my face, smiling. Last press junket of the day. I reminded myself. After this, it's just a dress fitting and you're done.

"Ever think a girl like you would be a long-lost Princess?" One reporter questioned.

"How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?" Another asked.

"Well, do you like all the attention?"

"Do you know where your mother is?"

"Please, Please, slow down." I asked, lifting my hands to try and calm them down. They settled. "One at a time, and I will get to all of you. Yes, the Union Ball is happening in three days, it will be a momentous occasion for both Auradon and my home realm, the Enchanted Forest. We hope that these Peace Declarations will last for generations to come. Growing up on the Isle, I never thought I'd be here. I don't want to be envied, I haven't earned my place in Auradon yet, but I hope that I will do so eventually. The attention is something new, for sure. And in regards to the Queen of Hearts, she has unfortunately passed away, so there is no need to worry about her return." Ben then pushed his way through the crowd to stand next to me.

"That is enough questions for today." He said, wrapping his arm around my waist. I leaned into his side, placing my hand on his chest.

"Did you think you would ever be with a Villian Kid?" Ben laughed and leaned towards the microphone.

"Were done here." The reporters started going wild again. Fairy Godmother appeared and stepped forward as we moved back. Ben and I turned to each other, pressing our foreheads together I centred myself.

"Ok, shush, shush, shush, shush." Fairy Godmother said, quieting down the noise, "This is still a school so if you're here, your either skipping class or trespassing." All the reporters started to talk all at once, "Shhh. Shhh." With those words, each reporter went quiet and looked down in shame. Fairy Godmother then gestured for them to leave, and they did.

"Thank you, guys." Ben said.

"Thank you." I echoed.

"Thank you, thank you." Fairy Godmother trailed off. "Hadley, Ben." Fairy Godmother walked off,

"Fairy Godmother." Ben and I choroused as we watched her go. Ben turned to look at me. I looked up into his eyes.

"Don't pay any attention to them." Ben told me. I laughed lightly.