Chapter 16

He held me, and I hung on to him tightly. None of us spoke for a few moments, Sharky just stroking my hair as I stopped crying. I waited until I stopped, my breathing weird, and then I looked at him.

''This isn't fair.'' I whispered.

He nodded. ''I know.''

''I don't want us to break up.''

''Neither do I.''

''What are we going to do?''

Sharky shrugged helplessly. ''I honestly don't know.''

''We could go back to being a secret?'' I asked. ''We could just meet up in secret, and pretend we've broken up when we're with the group, and-''

''They'd know, Davina.'' he replied. ''They were already suspicious.''

''Well...maybe we could leave? We could just go on a vacation or something?''

''I can't. I have to be here to film group videos, and you know I have shoots-''

''Then what are we supposed to do?'' I yelled, walking away from him. ''Just go back to enemies? I can't do that!''

''I never said that-''

''Think of something, Sharky!'' I willed, looking at him. ''Think of something, because I don't want to break up. I can't lose you-''

''Davina, shh.'' he said calmly, pulling me back into him. I cuddled into him close even though we were standing on the side of the road, not really caring about the people looking at us as they passed. I sobbed into him, and he hugged me tightly.

''I can't lose you.'' I repeated in a hushed tone.

''I know.'' he said, kissing my head. ''I don't want to lose you either.''

''Why is aj being like this?''

''I don't know.'' Sharky answered honestly. He knew that aj might've had a problem with him dating his cousin, but nothing like this. Forcing them to break up was so weird...they were literally grown adults.

''I don't think there's anything we can do, sharks.''

''Neither.'' he said quietly, holding me at arms length. ''I think...for now...we might have to...''

I nodded sadly. ''I think so too.''

''But you're still mine.'' he said reassuringly. ''And i'm yours.''

''I know.''

He looked at his car and then back at me. ''At least let me drop you home?''

''Okay.''

We didn't talk during the ride, but he kept hold of my hand until we arrived outside the house.

I knew that I had to go, and when Sharky opened the door for me I threw my arms around his neck knowing that this was the last time I'd be able to touch him like this.

He pressed his lips to my forehead and I took a step back. Neither of us said anything as I walked towards the house.

I entered quickly and made my way to my room before my cousin could say anything to me.

Looking out of my window I could still see Sharky's car, he hadn't left yet.

There was a knock at my door. I rolled my eyes.

"Davina" AJ spoke

"Nope." I interrupted, "You don't get to make decisions for me and then decide to talk about it afterwards."

He didn't respond but I heard him walking back downstairs.

I turned to face the window again only to see that Sharky's car wasn't there anymore.

AJs pov

When my cousin told me to leave her alone I knew it was best to listen to her and so I made my way downstairs.

I knew Sharky had dropped her off and I knew I shouldn't meddle in him and Davina's business but I really just wanted to know why.

Why did they lie? why did it have to be them two? why couldn't they tell us earlier?

I answered a call from Chunkz.

"I was just checking how you are?" Were the first words out of his mouth.

"I have no idea." I told him truthfully. ''I'm mad that they lied to us, i'm upset that davina didn't trust me, i'm annoyed because now she's annoyed at me.''

Chunkz was quiet for a moment, and then spoke. ''Sharky rang me.''

''What did he say?''

''He wants to talk to you.''

''Then why didn't he ring me?'' I asked in a confused voice.

''He doesn't think you'll listen.''

''I will.''

''He wants you to meet at his place now.''

''I'll go.'' i replied. ''Speak later, chunkz.''

''Talk later, bro.''

-

I went to Sharky's place, knocking on the door anxiously. He opened the door, and i instantly felt sick. He wasn't flashing me his usual grin, but he let me into the house. We went to the living room and sat down.

I sighed. ''Sharks-''

''No, i want to talk, AJ.''

''Okay.'' i nodded.

''Why are you doing this?''

''Doing what?''

Sharky scoffed. ''Making me and Davina break up.''

''I just...it's weird!''

''How?'' he pressed.

I shook my head. ''I don't know.''

''We're fully grown adults, AJ, and you're my best friend! I don't understand why you don't want us together-''

''Because what if you hurt her, sharks?'' i suddenly exclaimed, leaning forward. ''You hurt my cousin, and then what? Nobody knows what will happen! I would have to side with Davina, but you're my best friend, and i don't want to lose you.''

Sharky looked at me blankly for a moment and then scoffed. ''So you're just being selfish?''

''I-''

''How do you even know that me and Davina would break up? We are so happy together, AJ.''

''But that's only right now-''

''I would never hurt her!'' Sharky suddenly yelled. He looked at me, immediately regretting it and sighed. ''I like her so much. Even if we broke up, which we wouldn't, i would never hurt her.''

''It's just easier this way.'' i said quietly.

''For who? You?'' sharky asked, and then shook his head. ''This isn't easier for me, or Davina. It's easier for you, and only you.''

''Sharky-''

''I don't want to talk to you anymore, AJ.''

''What?'' I asked in shock. ''But-''

''We'll be cool on filming days, but that's it.'' Sharky replied, and then stood up. ''You need to leave now.''

I walked out of the house in shock, the door slamming behind me. I walked down the street, the upset overwhelming me.

Somehow, I had lost my cousin and best friend in the same day.