16 - Leave No Evidence

Start from the beginning

She smiled and grabbed one of them by the head, slamming it into the sand before sweeping the feet of another one. They all jumped her and she incapacitated all four one after another while giving them no visible wounds. They all groaned while laying on the ground.

"Next time think hard about what you're going to say to my family, or I'll make sure you can never say anything ever again!"

Their fight would go unpunished, just like Ti'ywan planned had Lo'ak not been stupid. He waited till Ti'ywan got back on Pukk and flew away and then he went to punch Ao'nung himself. The fight then erupted again.

"What was the one thing I asked?! The one thing!"

"Stay out of trouble"

"Stay out of trouble, right"

Ti'ywan got up when her brothers and father walked in.

"What's going on?"

She asked, wondering why they were battered up. Before Jake had a chance to tell her, Neteyam stepped in front of Lo'ak, taking the blame upon himself.

"It was my fault"

"Yeah I don't think so, you gotta stop taking the heat for this knucklehead!"

"Look Dad, Ao'nung was picking on Kiri, he called her a freak"

"Hey! I asked what happened"

They looked at her. She was agitated, wanting to know what was going on.

"Lo'ak and Neteyam fought with Ao'nung"

She glared at both of them and they shrunk under her gaze more than under their father's.

"You dumbasses, I went and dealt with it for you and you let your pride get the best of you?!"

"Like I said, it was my fault, I punched him first"

"No, you didn't Neteyam, When I arrived you immediately tried to break it up, you wouldn't have thrown the first punch, this idiot however would"

"How are you involved Ywanie?"

"Oops"

She went quiet, forgetting for a moment that their father was in the middle of scolding them.

"Ywanie?"

"I told Ao'nung and his friends not to say mean things to them ever again"

Jake relaxed his eyebrows and seemed to calm down for a bit. That was until Lo'ak decided to throw her under the bus with them.

"More like beaten them up till they were scared to say anything ever again"

Jake looked at her again.

"Are you all insane? He's the chief's son!"

"I made sure there we no wounds, but this idiot just had to give them proof!"

Ti'ywan and Lo'ak started arguing amongst themselves while their father was yelling at both and Neteyam tried to calm everyone down unsuccessfully. When it seemed like they were going to fight too, Jake smacked both of their heads to calm them down. They stayed quiet, rubbing their heads while he ordered Lo'ak to go apologise to Ao'nung.

"Why doesn't Ti'ywan have to as well?"

"Cause she was at least being smart about it, now go"

Lo'ak unwillingly left, letting his loud stomps show his frustration as he walked away. Jake turned to his two other children and asked them how the other guys looked. Ti'ywan said nothing while she sulked, but Neteyam smiled and told him all about it.

"Ti'ywan gave them what they deserved, They were squirming on the ground when she was done with them, and after the fight with us, they looked even worse"

"That's good"

"A lot worse"

"Get out of here, not you Ywanie"

He caught her leaving figure in the corner of his eye. She was trying to sneak away whilst she had the chance. She cursed under her breath and straightened her to face him.

"I appreciate you looking out for them but please, don't go causing trouble here too, you are the eldest, you should be the one to defuse the situation, like Neteyam"

"Dad, you know full well they wouldn't have stopped unless I showed them who they are dealing with and I will do it again if they don't learn their lesson, you didn't see how hurt Kiri looked"

He sighed and hugged her. Although he scolded them, he was glad they were protecting each other. She softly hugged him back and they stood there in silence for a bit before Neytiri and Kiri came home. That's when Ti'ywan decided to leave and go flight on Pukk for the second time today.

It was a good thing she did...