Chapter 3 - Day 1

Start from the beginning

I quickly throw it over my shoulder so that I can head back to the campsite before Blaidd gets back. I know he'll get a little mad, but he'll thank me for it. 

........

That's what my plan was until I see an already lit campfire where we settled. He seems to be looking around frantically. For me of course. I probably look like an idiot for not just doing what he says and then going with him to fish. Of course, my ego just had to take over to feel useful. Not only that but he might also get angry at me for not doing one simple thing. The more I stand there, behind a bush in the dark, the more panicked he gets from a quick look around to pacing back in forth, looking at different angles to see where I might be. 

I finally walk about the bush with cold sweat. My heart races at whether or not he will scold me harshly as he did when we first met up. Not a second passes once I leave my hiding spot, and he notices me. His long scarred ears faced my direction. listening to the footsteps approaching him. Once he realizes it was me, he jogs towards me.

"Hey, Sorry for not-"

before I get to apologize he cuts me off. Suddenly overwhelmed with questions.

"Where have you been!? Are you ok? Did someone lure you somewhere? What happened?"

I don't even have time to react before he starts dragging me back to the campfire 

If anything, this is the wrong reaction I was expecting. When we get in front of the crackling source of light, He lets me go of his strong grasp. 

"H-hey, I'm fine, I just went to go get us something to eat," I say stumbling over my own feet at the sudden stop. "What's up with you? I was only gone for a few minutes." 

He starts to check my body for anything unusual. Not saying anything.

"Can you stop!" 

He jolts after I raise my voice, looking up at me. He stands up, fully showing his height difference against me.

"I thought something had happened to you," he says annoyed. "Why didn't you stay here like I said?" His stern voice slowly came in. 

" To get this." I throw the bag of fish on the ground in front of him. I don't even know what to do in this situation. He asked me to stay with our valuables but didn't, and just left without letting him know. The risk of our stuff doesn't benefit from five fish. 

Why am I so stupid?

He looks down, confused. He picks up the back and sniffs through the fabric, picking up the fishy smell. 

"I'm sorry alright, I should've just stayed put." I cross my arms looking away. I already know what he's gonna say, so now it's the waiting game.

"T-thanks," He says with an embarrassed look. 

I look at him surprised. Usually, people would explode at me for not doing what they say, even the little things. Now that I think about it. 

I don't think he's caught anything himself. The only things I've seen that we gained were firewood and the fish I brought. 

"Wait, were you not able to find anything?" I ask looking behind him.