Chapter Forty Seven

Rubab's POV:

To my surprise, Fahad was somehow able to get permission from my parents for us to travel to Nathia Gali quite easily. I wonder what warped up convincing story he told them now about his undying love for me. Forget it. It's no use thinking about it. He isn't going to budge no matter what I say.

The packing didn't take long surprisingly. Summer was approaching so I didn't have to pack every single coat or jacket I owned. Just a handful. Fahad took me to the mall so we could buy some new 'matching' sets as well. From tracksuits to lounge wear. We went through everything. I never thought of him as someone with severe cheesy tendencies but oh well, he is unpredictable as it is.

He was super pleased about the weekend getaway though. He booked an entire cottage because he wanted privacy and in his inappropriate typical state, he said and I quote 'begum, you can make as much noise as you want in the cottage, no one will bother us.' To say my face turned ashen would be an understatement.

The packing hardly took a day and we departed on the same night since he wanted to reach their by early morning. Before leaving, we both changed into matching comfortable stretchy tracksuits for the road trip. I had told him I would bring my books along and he rolled his eyes before helping me load them into the trunk.

He was mumbling something along the lines of 'I won't even give you the time to read any of these books but oh well, if the begum wishes, I will pack them too.' In the same hour, he had made me feel super embarrassed again. He had eyed every single item that I had placed in the bag but when I insisted that I help him pack, he shook his head and suspiciously went to the bathroom to pack.

I had a bad feeling about this. I hope he wasn't packing weird things like handcuffs again. Or something equally worse. I didn't let my mind wander. His intense eyes that scanned me every time I entered or left the room were enough to make me feel alert. I didn't show it on my face though. I didn't want him to have that leverage over me.

Ten minutes after leaving the penthouse, Fahad insisted that we do some junk food shopping and I just gaped at him. I had told him I was looking after my diet and wanted to lose weight. He simply gave me a once over, grabbed my waist infront of the biscuits aisle for the world to see and grinned at me.

"You look perfect. Don't lose any weight. I love holding you like this." An elderly coupled nearby judged us with wide eyes and I gently slapped his hand away as a reflex. He just laughed as he stuck to me like glue and filled the trolley with all the junk food in the world.

I looked down at his form fitted tshirt and noticed the faint lines of his toned chest and abs. I wonder how he kept in shape when he ate all this junk all the time. He either ate this or apples. There was no in between.

"Like what you see or should I strip down to nothingness? You know your 'dear shohar' looks best in everything." To my horror, Fahad lifted his shirt just a little with a evilest smile on his face. "I will give you a show then."

This time, I grabbed his hand and narrowed my eyes at him. I wanted to get back at him for messing with me for the past week and so I did something I knew I would most likely regret.

"Give me a private show, dear shohar, I don't like to share." This was supposed to come out as condescending but it sounded lewd for some reason. Oh my God. Fahad's inappropriateness was rubbing off on me now. Oh no.

But it was worth it to see his face morph into surprise. It didn't last long though. He dropped his shirt almost immediately and I genuinely felt like I would go blind by looking at the bright sparks that flew in his eyes at my statement.

"That was not what I meant." I tried to salvage the situation but he just smirked.

"Ah ah. I didn't think you were this kinky and territorial, begum, but I love every minute of it." Fahad stepped forward to whisper in my ear. "Don't back out now. I will give you a show you will remember forever." 

After that, I ignored him for the rest of the small shopping spree while he followed me around like a haunting spirit. Every time I tried to glance at him in a subtle manner, he was already staring right at me with a dark look in his eyes and a smile playing on his lips.

Fortunately, he let that conversation slide quickly once we were in the car. He told me the junk food was for the road but still ended up eating two large packets of Lays in less than 20 minutes. I was still judging him for eating like that when he tapped his hands to clean them up and casually placed his hand on my upper thigh. I flinched and eyed that hand that casually rested there.

Fahad wasn't looking at me. His hand wasn't particularly doing anything concerning either. It was just there. I waited for him to say something but when he didn't, I casually tried to move my leg away to which he squeezed.

"Well, begum, I have a suggestion."

"Do I want to know it?"

"Absolutely."

"What?"

"Since we have a long way to go, how about we get to know each other? We have never had this conversation before. You know, likes, dislikes, favourite foods and all. I will ask you something first."

It wasn't such a half bad idea so I nodded and waited for him to continue. Let's see, what was my favourite food?

"How many men have confessed to you? What are their full names? Where do they live?"

I take my words back and sighed internally. This was going to be a very long ride.

Author's POV:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum Lovelies!

I hope everyone is well. I am barely getting the time to rest these days and I know the chapter is short but I still wanted to upload something so here we are. Something is bound to happen on this trip. What do you think it is?