Underneath the Mistletoe ♡ part 2

Start from the beginning

I continue to meet his stare, my curiosity piqued and my own heartbeat almost audible in my ears. His grip on me offers both support and a sense of closeness, even as I push aside the stinging pain in my hands.

My voice wavers slightly, but I manage to convey sincerity. "You know you can ask me anything, Garroth. You know that right?" The words come out more confidently than I feel, but I'm determined to be there for him, just as he's always been for me.

His smile is a mixture of appreciation and something I can't quite decipher. He nods as if acknowledging the depth of our bond and trust. Taking a deep breath, he seems to gather his thoughts before speaking again, "What do you think about m-"

Just as he's about to continue, our attention is abruptly diverted by Katelyn's urgent shout, calling out for Kawaii-chan. Concern floods my eyes, and instinctively, I attempt to rise from my seat, driven by worry. Garroth, sensing my intentions, offers his support without touching my stinging hands, helping me to my feet.

Once I'm standing, I move quickly toward the foyer, my heart racing with apprehension. Garroth is by my side, his hand now resting gently on my shoulder, a source of both comfort and reassurance as we navigate the unfolding situation.

Reaching the scene, I come to a halt just behind Kawaii-chan and Katelyn, my heart sinking at the sight before me. Garroth's presence remains close, his touch light on my shoulder, a silent acknowledgment of his support and readiness to help.

As the events unfold in front of us, my concern deepens, and I find myself leaning slightly against Garroth, drawing strength from his presence.

"Kawaii-chan! Kawaii-chan!" Katelyn's urgent voice pierces the air.

Caught off guard, Kawaii-chan breaks out of her dazed state. "What the—" she starts, her confusion evident.

Katelyn's concern is palpable. "Snap out of it! What's wrong?" she demands, her tone a mix of worry and frustration.

The unfolding scene leaves me baffled, and my eyes widen as I attempt to piece together what's happening. Garroth beside me flinches slightly, trying to contain a chuckle at the unexpected turn of events. In response, I playfully bump into him, silently acknowledging the absurdity of the situation.

My attention shifts back to Kawaii-chan, who seems to be in a state of disbelief. "So wait, that was just a dream... in a dream? Is this... real life?" She looks around, seeking confirmation. As her realization dawns, Katelyn playfully hits her, a light touch to remind her of the reality she's in.

Katelyn smirks. "Yeah, this is real."

"Ouch!" Kawaii-chan's gaze narrows slightly as she gives Katelyn a mock glare. My heart goes out to her confusion, and I'm already beginning to feel empathy for her situation.

In the midst of this, my attention catches the exchange between Michi and Reese, a shared kiss under the mistletoe. Kawaii-chan's heartbreak is evident in her words, and I can't help but feel a pang of sympathy for her as I hear her cries. The situation is emotionally charged, and my instinct is to comfort her, to be there for her in her time of distress.

However, before I can make a move, Aphmau descends the stairs, her presence shifting the focus of the scene. As she questions the gathering, Katelyn offers a calm response, brushing off what had just transpired.

As Aphmau's attention lands on me and Garroth, her concern takes over. "Y/N! What happened? Actually never mind that, Garroth, take her to the sink and wash her hands with cold water!"

I'm about to protest, insisting that we should check on Kawaii-chan, but Aphmau's stern directive leaves no room for argument. With Garroth's guidance, we make our way to the kitchen. His support is both steadying and comforting, a source of strength as we navigate the situation together.