Making Up the Bed

Start from the beginning

"Monti, I'm really sorry. Please give me another chance," He begged.

"You want another chance? Go make up my bed," I demanded.

"What?"

"Go make up my bed," I said.

"Uhm...okay," He agreed.

I walked him up to my bedroom. He had a good look around my room as if it was a brand new apartment. Well I don't blame him, my room did look like an apartment. I only told him to make up my bed just to see if he would do anything to be back on my good side. Even then men are still full of shit and ain't worth a damn penny. Not even if they were a free sample.

"Okay, here's my bed. It's a mess. Now make it up," I said.

"It's not even that much," He said.

"You want a second chance or not?" I said.

"Alright,"

"I guess this is what it's like to be a beauty queen. A messy bed, a makeup guru closet, heels all over the floor, and a blue aesthetic room."

"And I guess this is what it's like to be a man begging for forgiveness," I said, giving an evil smile.

"Oh, you funny, He said laughing.

"And make sure to fluff my pillows while you're at it,"

"I did that anyway. My mama used to have us fluff her pillows all the time. Especially her furniture in the living room. She taught us a lot. Cook, clean, open doors, close doors, how to be a man. Our dad did too but he was always out because he had a big business to run. So we ain't really see him a lot but he was around," He said.

"Well if she taught you all of that, you shouldn't have done what you did," I said.

"I know. That's why I'm here now. And while we're at it, may you please turn on some music? Please?" He begged.

"Not only are you begging for my forgiveness but you're begging for some music too? Maybe it's time I do be more assertive," I said, bringing out my speaker. "What you wanna hear?' I asked.

"Something slow,"

"Okay. But since we are listening to some music, you're gonna help clean my room," I said.

"Fine with me, He agreed.

"Cool,"

I turned on my playlist full of slow jams as requested. The first song to come was Brown Eyes by Destiny's Child. I first heard the song when Saucy Santana and JT was on live singing it so I looked up the lyrics lhh. I'm not a huge fan of Beyonce but she has some songs I like.

"Fan of Beyonce?" He asked.

"Not a huge one. I just like some of her songs and some of the group songs." I said.

"You're the first girl I've met who wasn't a huge fan of Beyonce. They all love Beyonce. Can't say none about Nicki either or they gone attack yo ass," He said.

"I like some of Nicki's songs too but I'm not the biggest fan. Though I do respect her as an artist and the work she's put in the industry,"

"You're a different breed. Better not let somebody hear you say that," He said.

"I don't care. They don't pay my bills," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I know that's right. Okay, how does this bed look?" He asked.

"Mm...it could be better but Imma let you pass on this one," I said.

"Aw come on, them pillows are full of fluff and there is not one wrinkle in the cover,"