Priorities Are Not Checked

I woke up the next day, bright and early to get ready for an appointment I had at 9:00. Yesterday night was amazing, minus Kourtney ditching me. Times like this make me wonder about our friendship. Her engagement is falling apart, she doesn't care about no one but herself, she won't get a divorce, she's out here being a hoe. I can't continue to go around these roller coasters with her. She's weighing me down.

    On the bright side, Jayson and I had a wonderful time. He was nice, smart, sweet, motivated, innovative, goal-oriented. You don't find that very often in today's society. Nonetheless, I will not allow my hopes to sky rocket. We can be friends. My trust and my confidence is not where I want it to be and I don't even have time for a relationship. Hell, I am booked and ready, I have a therapist I see on the regular, I'm steadily restocking my inventory, I work on myself almost everyday. By that I mean I take the time out of all of that to try and work out, meditate, cleanse my mind, soul, and body, and I just sometimes I don't wanna be bothered.I just wanna be alone. ALONE.

    My phone begane to ring. I looked at the caller ID and it was none other than Kourtney.

    "What?" I said.

    "Hey girl, I'm on my way to get my car. How was your night with Jayson?" She asked.

    "It was nice. I had a nice time but not too much of a nice time," I said.

    "Well my night was amazing. I have not had sex like that since me and Tyren first started dating. We even cuddled afterwards! We showered this morning and he even offered to take me to get some breakfast but I declined. I had to get home," She said.

    "Tyren's gonna beat yo ass," I said.

    "Fuck Tyren. Tyren can suck a dick. As of today, as soon as I get my car, I'm calling off this engagement," She stated.

    "You've been saying that for the longest," I said.

    "I'm for real this time. I wanna be free," She said.

    "Yeah okay. Look, you need to slow down. I'm sick of always being in your mess," I said.

    "What's wrong with you?" She asked.

    "You! You're acting like such a hoe and you're so goddamn careless Kourtney! First you don't even tell me we were sitting at different tables when it's supposed to be a double date, then you leave with a guy you don't even know and stay the night. Not to mention all the shit I've put up with you and Tyren. Your priorities are not straight. They are beginning to look a lot like Montero," I said.

    "Wait, you don't have to put up with shit I do!" She said,

    "Yes I do because you always need me to get you out of trouble. It's like I'm your lawyer or something–like I'm your mom or dad like I don't even feel like your friend no more Kourtney. I don't. You complain to me about Tyren more than us actually planning something. I'm always youre get out card like wha tthe fuck!" I said.

    "That's what friends are for, to help each other out," She said.

    "But not to feel like their babysitter! I don't wanna do that. You're always in the mix of shit. Like hell, you need help!" I said.

    "I need help? No, you need help! You're always in the dumps because you can't keep a man and you can't score a date. I thought I did something nice for you yesterday and you can't even appreciate that. Hoping you get laid or some shit but I can see that ain't happening. It's okay if you're jealous of me cuz I know what the fuck I'm doing and you don't. I'm engaged and you're not. I got lucky and you didn't. My life isn't boring at all, Monti! But yours is," She said.