𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - ' the countdown of the decade '

" ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 ~ 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐥 "

1:15 ───|────── -3:35

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ :▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

 I opened my eyes to be met with a face I didn't recognize, I scanned it before I fell out of bed, "I told you, Micheal. You cannot escape me" The figure explained, I gasped, scurrying backwards, "I wouldn't do that Micheal, I have something you might want." He told me, I hesitated, before not wanting to listen to his words. I jumped up, starting to run down the stairs before I heard someone scream, someone I had heard scream before, someone I didn't want to hear scream. "MIKE! HELP!" I paused, I didn't want to go back, but why would I save myself over him? I turned around scurrying back to Will. He was being held up by this Vecna guy, struggling to get out of his grasp. "Let him go." I choked up. Vecna dropped Will to the floor, Will grabbed at his neck, coughing and gasping for air.

I tumbled to the ground, grabbing Will and holding him close. Vecna stared down at us, "Help me, help me destroy Eleven." He barked, his voice raspy and loud enough to hear. I shook my head. "No... No, no, you killed Max! You killed her!" I shouted, helping Will to his feet. "Killed her?" He asked, going to step forward before I turned, picking Will up bridal-style and sprinting down the steps. "What's a good memory?" I asked myself aloud, Will gasped, he was breathing heavily, "What if you wanna join another party?" He said aloud, his voice giving out, I thought back, remembering hugging Will close and wrapping my hands around his waist. I remember Will putting his DnD things in the donation box. Closing my eyes and thinking hard before opening my eyes once again.

Will was holding close onto my shirt with his eyes shut tightly. I sighed, looking around the empty Byers house, the box was on the floor of the dining room. The box had just been filled with things Will had just set in them. Will tapped my neck, silently asking me to put him down, I obligated, setting him down as he rubbed his neck. "How do we get out of here?" He asked, whispering in a low voice. I rubbed his back, thinking. "I-I don't know," I confessed. He sighed, standing up completely and looking around. "Wow." He sighed, turning around and walking toward his old room, I aimlessly followed. He opened the door and touched the door lightly, gliding his fingers across the wood.

I remember staying the night here a lot. Sleeping on the floor next to Will, him in a deep sleep, whispering things I couldn't make out, and groaning quietly while jerking around under his covers before staying quiet for another fifteen minutes or so. I never realized how much I recognized his sounds and memorized them until now. I watched Will walk to his window, the sun glimmering down in the room and creating a perfect scene for my eyes. I completely forgot that we were supposed to be running for our lives. I took the scene in, Will's eyes half lidded looking up at the surrounding trees of his home. The light glimmering perfectly across his face, golden hour was upon us.

Will looked at me, grinning as he pointed up, "Look at this cloud, Mike," He bit his lip, I started walking over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and setting my chin on his shoulder, he put one hand on top of mine and the other still pointing up at the sky. I looked up, revealing a heart-like shaped cloud that was frozen. I grinned widely, "Cute," I whispered, turning toward Will's neck and pressing two or three kisses to it. I blinked, before the lighting changed and the room was filled with objects. I jumped, Will flinched as well. Everything of Will's was back, his bed, desk, clothing, everything. "What the..." I whispered, letting go of Will. He looked around, picking up something before dropping it in what seemed to be shock.