𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 - ' the dark clouds of hawkins '

" ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝐌𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥 ~ 𝐌𝐆𝐌𝐓 - 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐀𝐠𝐞 "

1:15 ───|────── -3:35

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ :▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

When it became more clear that I was awake, I started thinking, thinking of what Dustin said before I left Hawkins, "I'm not gonna tell you what to do, Mike. But if I was you, I'd get my shit together with El, then talk to Will. The way YOU'RE trying to approach this is all wrong. You're gonna hurt yourself, Will, and El. So, think about it. Think about what you're doing." Dustin was the only one I told about Will. Before I left, I knew there was something between me and Will that I hadn't noticed before. A fire, a fire that I thought would go out, but instead burned, and burned, and burned. When it got too much and I got scared of what was happening, I told Dustin.

Dustin took it really well, and I told him not to tell anyone, in which, he didn't, thank god. But he told me that my feelings were in the right place, but my head wasn't, and told me to get my shit together. Talk it out with both of them, heart-to-heart. I only got to do that with Will, and not El. I'd have to tell her eventually that I was kissing her brother in a van trying to find her and that I lost feelings a long time ago, but I didn't know when that was, and what I was gonna say. But I was going to listen to Dustin for sure and try to have a heart-to-heart with her as well, but that's then, this is now. I opened my eyes to Will, he was still sleeping peacefully in my arms, snoring ever so lightly. I fluffed his hair lightly, looking at his features on his face.

I could make out the freckles, the mole, and his lashes. They were his, his perfect features that made him, him. He was perfect in my eyes, perfect in every way I could see. He sniffled lightly, moving his nose, I was confused before he sneezed and opened his eyes, blinking at me. He looked like he had already been awake, I blinked at him, "Were you already awake?" I whispered, he nodded at my question, smiling sheepishly. "For how long?" I asked, he blinked for a second, "Long enough to see you slowly start to wake," He explained, smiling widely. I grinned back, it was barely sunrise, and Jonathan was still driving.

Will snuggled close, we'd still have at least two more hours until we were at Suzie's. I kissed the top of Will's forehead, he giggled lightly and quietly. There was a talk show on the radio that changed back to music, it was loud, casting out any sound that was near. Will looked at me, I looked back, his face had turned a bright red, I turned my head, confused. What was he thinking about? I bit my lip, thinking about all the things he could be thinking about. "What..." I paused, choking on my words, "What're you thinking about?" I asked, he bit his lip, moving forward and burying his face in my neck.

I could hear muffled sounds of Will's talking against my neck, sending vibrations against my neck, I shivered, he giggled, triggering it again. "Stop it." I shivered out, Will kissed my neck lightly, holding his grip against me and kind of just stayed still, I wanted to know what he said though. Really badly wanted to know what he said. But he was still again, and snoring? I couldn't tell. Will lifted his head to look at me, keeping his grip on me strong.

"I said, "I was thinking about last night." Nothing more." He replied, slipping back into the crook of my neck and keeping quiet. I bit my lip lightly, what about last night? Thinking back, I believe he was referring to... Oh, that's what. I felt a small blush creep over my face. I could tell Will was smiling. He was grinning that grin from last night, I could remember clearly, it was when he had pulled my hair. I shivered, thinking back to it. I was analyzing Will carefully, looking at every mark and every hair. That's when I realized every hair on the back of his neck started sticking up. Everything felt kind of numb, I wasn't sure how, but when I went to say something I couldn't. My mouth was dry, and my throat was choked up. What was wrong with me? Will was clinging onto me for dear life, like this was the last time we were ever gonna see one another again. "Will?" I managed, choking on my words, what was wrong? I didn't understand what was happening.