"I don't think you'll treat me poorly Alessio. I also know we have four month together before we are married, this is as much my time to prove I'll be a good wife as it is yours to be a husband," I say before his eyes flicked from mine to the sketchbook.

"My own parents bond wasn't of love. My mother formed the kind of bond victims of kidnapping do. Stockholm Syndrome at its most severe. After his death she broke down and she hasn't been the same since," he says the only change to his demeanor being his eyes that seemed more glossy.

"I won't subject you to love me, or to even submit to me for my pleasure. That's not who you will be to me, and I don't wish for you to fear me like the men who oppose this Familia do".

His eyes met mine once more and I could see how much he seemed to want to protect me in them. I'd never thought I could get the sensation of safety from a look but there it was.

"But we'll be expected to have children eventually, a year after the marriage is pretty typical," I point out a lot softer then I'd intended to speak.

"When I touch you, it will be out of appreciation, I will cap my desire for your comfort, Aria," he says partially reaching out but stopping and I step closer to show him it was alright.

"Do you even think of me as desirable I'm a child by comparison to you," I muse and he separates his lips with the tip of his tongue. Alessio then reached out and with one hand pulled me to his body where I had room to move for comfort but not to step away.

"Eight years may be a sore point but it's not the worst I've seen. At least you're twenty, a girl was once subjugated to a thirty four year old widower at just seventeen that was by my fathers approval. She committed suicide because of it," Alessio recounts, "and to answer the other half of your question, I find you more desirable then any other woman on this planet, there are trillions of stars, and not one could even begin to rival you in beauty".

I blushed, the heat rising faster then I wanted or expected to my face before I buried my crimson face in his chest so he couldn't look at me.

Shit.

"You never need to hide from me," he says as his spare hand cupped the side of my face and lifted my head until I could see his face. Glancing between his parted lips and his eyes I made the decision of tradition being damned and leaned up and pressed my lips gently to his. His grip on my body tensed as if he was deciding on how to react in response to me kissing him.

Pulling me to him in an embrace he reciprocated the kiss softly keeping himself from making it intense even as I could feel my heart beating harder and harder as I kept kissing him.

Separating for air he rested his head against mine and sighed.

"You seem to enjoy breaking the rules for me, Alessio" I tease because I didn't know what else to say.

"I write my own fucking rules mon cherié, especially when it comes to you," he replies a gravelly tone affecting his voice as I breathed in that spiced cologne that practically hypnotized my nose and brain.

He smelled sexy, while looking it too.

"So the kissing rule goes away because you will it," I challenge and he leans down close to me again.

"It goes away because I want every detail of this marriage to be both mutually agreed upon and I want this bond to go well for both your Familia and mine," Alessio says, "it also goes away because I want to be the first and last man you ever kiss".

A shiver went down my spine rivering it's way over each vertebrae until it stopped at the small of my back.

"You already are, I have never kissed or touched anyone else before you," I say a lot smaller then I meant to, but also with the amount of conviction I wanted.

"Good, I'd hate having to explain giving the Valentino Familia back their daughter," he says before I pushed against his chest and managed to move him a few inches though he stayed planted.

"And what about you Alessio, how many have you bedded before me!" I snap staring harshly at him. I was livid that he would act so superior when he was the Boss and it was fairly common for men before their wedding to have numerous mistresses at the same time.

"There was never another woman I kissed or touched like you before now. My father made sure the woman before you was wrapped in a carpet in the same dress she was to be married to me in that night," his words were like an ice bath, he'd just admitted that his fiancé; his late fiancé, was killed for him to look at me.

Alessio then separated from me and crossed the room to the fireplace which sent flickering light up at his face since the lights above the fireplace weren't on by my choice. Setting his hand against the marble he stared into the flames making his angular features more defined.

"When was that?" I ask walking towards him but not touching him even when I would have been able to.

"Just before I became Capo," Alessio clips pressing his lips tightly together. "I'd met a girl when going to school in Genoa and we'd only really gotten close in the time just before my fathers murder, I'd planned to marry Violetta in private either just my siblings and her family to witness instead my father had her kidnapped, and shot her. I was told she died with her purity but I wouldn't have been able to tell if she'd been raped before her death, the tears on her face simply could have been from not getting to see our wedding but in the six hours she was gone it could have happened as one last fuck you by my father. He'd revel in something like that taking the life of the girl I was to marry and also her innocence before killing her".

"Your father died not long after," I say and notice I'd held onto his arm in a comforting gesture without realizing it.

"Shot five times, he also bled to death," he says harshly as if he felt like the man had deserved that fate.

"You hated your father, for how he treated people didn't you, and that's the reason for all this?" I state and he says nothing which is a good sign of abstinent admittance.

"He hurt a lot of people Arianna, and I won't repeat those mistakes. And I may be lenient but I'm still traditionalistic. But no matter what at the end of the day, I am forever bound to you and I will defend that oath no matter the cost," Alessio says before a knock brings both of our attentions to the doorway where Lino stood.

"Don, we have a problem," he says.

"For fuck sake, how bad?" Alessio clips as he crossed the room to grab his coat which I hadn't even noticed he'd put down and pulled it on.

"Nosebleed," Lino replies.

"Lino I want the houses best on security tonight no one gets in or out without me here," he says walking into his office and pulling on a book on the shelf and it split open to reveal a room filled with guns that Alessio selected from before walking out of the room and pushing the book back, which closed the door.

He then walked away with Lino before stopping though Lino sprinted out of the house and to one of the cars across the lot.

"I'll be home as soon as possible whatever this is, is bad and could mean I'm not back until morning," Alessio says looking at me as I moved to stand in the doorway with my arms crossed.

"Be safe," I say not having anything else to say.

"I have you to return to, I will be," Alessio smirks and then slips out of the living room to the front door before leaving the house and over to the car before he sped off down the driveway.

You better be.

This is another fun chapter of these two, there will be more I'm trying to get you all hooked on these two, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️

Bloody City: Temptationsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें