Chapter 1: Welcome Home

When Trent woke up, he was already halfway into the Pride ring, and as he thanked the guy who gave him the ride, he looked around and found a motel to spend the night. When he sat on the bed, laid back, and breathed a deep sigh, he smiled, he was home. He loved the country but he was always a city boy. With a satisfied yawn he turned off the lights as he laid back, feeling better that he was where he felt he belonged. Then he fell asleep.

8:00 A.M.

When the alarm went off, he didn't even have to open his eyes before he turned it off. After a few minutes of blinking his eye to shake the grogginess from it, he went to the bathroom to wash his face. He knew he was different from everyone else, when he looked in the mirror, the eye patch covering his left eye was enough proof as he needed. He was a Hellhound, but he didn't think like most demons.

Instead of Violence, Greed and Lust, he wanted to live a decent life with the one girl he cared about. As he took a shower he thought about her, the girl he was friends with, the girl he spent so much time with in the Hellhound Orphanage. After his shower he brushed his teeth and made coffee and paid the Motel manager and went on with his day.

As he looked around he found Imp City and, by Extension, I.M.P, he heard of them but he wasn't sure if he should go in, but something caught his eye, a Ad for a Janitor in the same building as I.M.P, and he took the opportunity to get the job. When he walked in he went straight to the Elevator and in walked another Hellhound who looked like she was having a bad day. "Tough day?" She grumbled in reply, "Yea, my dumbass boss is making me watch over the office while he gets to do the job."

"Well, he is your boss, you may wanna respect that." The Hellhound turned on her heels and was going to deck him between the eyes then she caught a look at him and saw how attractive he was, "Y-Yea, heh." Trent, who is well accustomed to women marveling at his appearance, took no heed to her blushing or stares. "I'm looking to apply for the Janitor Job, I just moved back to Pride and I need money for a apartment."

After they reached the 69th floor they walked out and she looked at him and asked, "Maybe I can get my boss to give you a Job, if you'd like?" As he thought about her offer, he looked her over, feeling Deja Vu flood over him. "You know, maybe I'll take that into consideration, it's been a pleasure meeting you." She chuckled lightly and winked, "The pleasure is mine." After a few minutes, a group of imps came through a portal, the taller of the 3, making jokes pointed to the white haired imp, apparently named Moxxie.

"Listen Moxxie, I'm telling you, you suck! Grow a fucking backbone!" Now it was Trent's cue. "Excuse me, I-" "Sir! Why are you CONSTANTLY being a Asshole about this! I don't Suck!" Well, maybe in a few minutes.

A few minutes later

As Trent sat outside what he assumed was the Boss' office, he saw Moxxie walking by, tripped and spilled his latte on Trent. "AH!" "Ah Crumbs I am so sorry!" After he wiped it off Trent just chuckled a bit, "No it's ok, Accidents happen, it's no big deal." Immediately Moxxie felt relieved that he wasn't upset, as most would have kicked his ass right there. "Well, I'm still sorry, I-I'm Moxxie." Looking at this imp, Trent thought for a second, 'He's a rather jumpy fellow.' "Trent, Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

After the imp looked him over, he spoke with uncertainty, "You talk like a cultured man, I take it your family is important, because most Hellhounds are a bit-" "Simple? Dim-Witted? Well, no, I was adopted and raised as a servant to someone I'd rather forget about, I guess the manners stuck with me." Wide eyed, Moxxie shuddered a bit, "S-Sorry, I didn't know." Trent just laughed a bit, "Again, it's alright, you meant no harm, so, is it safe to go in their yet?" "Well..."

After a split-second, a vase flew throw the door, Trent barely dodging it. "GOD DAMN IT BLITZØ! YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS!" And out stormed the Hellhound Trent met earlier, still not knowing her Name. "You may want to forget about her." Confused, Trent looked back to Moxxie, "What do you mean?" "Well if Blitzø sees you flirting with his Adoptive-Daughter, you may turn up missing." After a moment of silence, Trent spoke, "I don't Flirt, if I have feelings for someone I tell them how I feel, I don't beat around the bush."

"I see, well it won't help, but anyways, I suppose its safe now, but I wouldn't fall for her, she's a bi-" with a flick of the wrist, Trent's hand was right in front of Moxxie's mouth, "Don't. Ever. Call a woman a bitch. Infront of me. It's not Gentleman like." Nodding aggressively, Moxxie had a heavily panicked expression on his face. Letting go of the Imp, Trent sighed, "I do apologize, but... Please refrain from calling her a Bitch." Again, Moxxie nodded, "O-Okay." And walked off.