Chapter 5 - Home 1/3

However, I soon frowned again as I picked up the piece of paper with the names of the bastard tutors. I looked at the names and recognition dawned on me. These were the fuckers that were the leaders of a human trafficking ring. A sinister smile formed on my face. I would have fun with this case. I called up my friends and gave them the names and the order to find them and capture them. I knew my friends would be happy with the last order I gave 'Use any means necessary, but do not kill'. I heard my five friends laugh with unrestrained glee at the notion of hurting those fuckers.

I had just ended the call and was working on some paperwork for my Russian branch when Lucy knocked. I let her in and saw she carried a mug of chai and a plate with chocolate cake. Once she set them down I tackled her in a bone crushing hug. She laughed and said "Well you must be quite stressed to be this happy over cake."

I laughed with her and said "Yes, but things are going to get harder before they get any easier."

Her face fell as she heard the exhaustion in my voice. "You know you don't have to do everything alone. Mark and I are here to help."

I shook my head vehemently and said "Lucy, Mark has a family to take care of and I keep him away from them too much already. And you have a little sister at home. The last thing you need is to get involved in this. Which reminds me, you have the day off tomorrow. If you come in tomorrow I will put double pay in your account."

This may not sound like a threat but she hated being paid extra claiming, 'I already overpaid her'. Which was bullshit but I was secretly happy that she wasn't greedy. Her mouth opened and closed with shock and I smirked. "You...you can't do that!"

"Watch me. Lucy, stay home tomorrow and spend time with your sister, okay? I can handle everything here."

She glared at me and I giggled because she wasn't even a little bit intimidating. "Fine!"

She huffed and left, but not before saying 'Goodnight' over her shoulder. I chuckled at her unfailing politeness despite being angry with me and went back to work. I had finally finished the Russian Branch's paperwork and was about to start on the new contract for my clients in France, when I heard the telltale pitter patter of small feet. About a minute later Nolan opened the door and walked over to my desk. He was holding a teddy bear by the arm and looked utterly adorable. I 'ahhed' internally and stood up, walking over to him. I crouched to his level and asked "Would you like to cuddle?"

He nodded and I picked him up. I went back to my desk but he shook his head 'no'. "Would you like to cuddle in my room?"

He nodded and I put him down. He grabbed my hand and I let him lead me to my room. Once in my room he went to the closet and found a cotton pajama set, which he handed me before pushing me to the bathroom. I wanted to laugh and hold him tightly but his serious face stopped me. I went through my nightly routine and went to my plush bed. Nolan was already there sitting up and waiting for me. When I got in bed he put his teddy on the floor and cuddled into my side. I laid down next to him and was out like a light.

Next Day

Wren's POV

I woke up to the smell of bacon cooking. It was an amazing smell and I dressed quickly to go and eat some of Lucy's amazing food. However when I made it downstairs it was Natasha cooking and not Lucy. I stood in the doorway and just watched her for a moment. She was holding Nolan in one arm and was flipping bacon with the other. She had angled her body so none of the grease got on Nolan. It appeared to be such a natural stance. Like she was meant to hold my brother and be cooking in this kitchen. In fact everything she had done just seemed so natural to her. When Nolan was crying, she calmed him; When I had my panic attack she calmed me. Hell, she had taken hits from me during that episode! I saw the evidence of my hit on her cheek. She had put concealer on it but if one knew to look you could see it.