What are we? ~ Chapter Twenty

I am so bored of this book 💀 Somebody helppp I don't know how I'm going to end this one 😃
It just KEEPS GOING 😭
~~~

As expected, Regina came storming in the next day. What happened? I stopped asking that question a while ago! "MISS QUINN!" She yells after talking to Rumple.

I sighed, walking out from the back room, "I hoped to escape you today," I admit sarcastically, "How can I help you, your majesty?" Rumple walked out the room, looking to me but not saying anything.

"Aurelia, please- don't tell me you plan on going with him!" Regina calms down, talking sweetly.

"What happened to you?" I ask cringing at her innocent persona.

She rolls her eyes, "I'm changing for my son and I will not watch you give up your life for a man who cares more about his power than he ever will you." She furrows her eyebrows softly, care in her expression.

"I care about him," I smile, "I don't care if I come second to something that keeps him alive," I scoff. His power, the dagger- it all kept him alive, it was his life. That wouldn't make me give up on him, he wasn't going to change but he had helped me when I needed help the most. Who was I to judge?

"Well then you're being stupid," Regina's calm, sweet personality became more straight forward, "You can't change the dark one!"

I chuckle slightly, "I know, I'm not trying to!" I glance to the door, "You can show yourself out."

She gives me one last look then turns and walks out the shop.

"Thank you... dearie." Rumple whispers softly, showing up behind me.

"Oh, you were listening?" I turn to look at him.

"Yeah... it's a bit hard not to," He smiles, glancing to the beads that separated the shop from the back room which made me laugh. I step closer, hugging Rumple and resting my head gently on his chest. "Are you okay?" He asks, slowly wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back.

"Never been better, if Regina won't give the magic to us then I'll get it myself." I smile against him, not wanting to back away.

No reply. I didn't know what was going through his head but I didn't care, for now I wanted to stay like this- relaxed in his arms, feeling safe and protected.

~~~

Nightfall had arrived and Rumple and I were still in the shop. The street around us was closing down as we sat in the back room.

"It's getting late, dearie- I'll walk you home." He smiles standing up and placing his drink on the side before offering me his hand.

I take it gently, smiling up at him, "Don't be silly, Rumple. I can make my own way home." I kiss his cheek then turn towards the door.

"Are you sure, Aura?" He follows me.

"I'm sure, don't worry about me!" I chuckle, leaving and walking towards my apartment.

Once I was out of his sight a turned down the street, going towards Regina's vault. Like I said, if she wouldn't give us the magic- I'd get it myself.

~~~
Rumple POV
~~~

I wandered out onto the street, watching Aurelia leaves to make sure she was safe. I stood there for a solid 10 minutes before hearing my name.

"Mr gold..." it was Emma Swan.

I turn around with a grin, "Ms Swan! I'm sorry to say but my store is closed, come back tomorrow?"

"Stop playing games," she demands angrily. I tilt my head up slightly with a smirk. What did I do this time? "We know what you did!"

🎉 You've finished reading ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ sʜɪғᴛ... || 𝘙𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘹 𝘖𝘊 🎉