Guilt and Anger ~ Chapter Ten

A/N: Here's the second chapter of this week! So sorry the last one was short but I had so many ideas for this one that I knew it was going to be long 💗 hope you enjoy!!

~~~

We arrived at the police station. Emma was at work today so I wasn't dragging her over when she didn't need to be. She was at work nearly everyday now she was Sheriff. Ever since Graham passed...

She took me through to where Golds cell was. He was sat on the so called "prison bed" with his head down, gazing at the floor.

Emma went into her office and grabbed a couple of files. "I'm taking these into the room next door. If he does anything scream, do you understand Aura?"

I roll my eyes, she was treating me like a disobedient kid! "Yeah yeah, I know!" I smile, stepping away from the door to let her out.

Once I knew she was far enough to not hear our conversation I walked closer to the cell bars, "Morning Rumple..." his head slowly lifts and he looks at me.

"Good morning, dearie," he grins, standing up and coming to the bars. We were as close as possible. The bars separating us.

"I'm missing you," I admit with sorrow and he smiles, reaching in between two bars and gently placing his palm to my cheek. I lean into the comforting touch. "You're the only person who truly helped me when I got stuck here," I smile softly, furrowing my eyebrows and holding back tears. I missed him so much that I was becoming weak! Maybe it isn't good to be here after all...

"My dear, Aurelia- I would have thought you knew me better than this," he guides my head upwards slightly with his hand on my cheek so I am looking directly at him as he holds eye contact, "Rumplestiltskin always has a plan!" He announces with a grin.

I could hear his signature giggle running through my head even though the sound never left his lips.

"I'm sure you know, I've been in this situation before. Everything goes my way eventually," he smiles, gently caressing my cheek.

We stay in silence for a moment longer. I didn't want to pull away from his touch...

I can't help but recognise my feelings. No matter how much I want to push them away and deny everything, I can't. I really am falling for the dark one and maybe that's not an entirely bad thing. He seems to care about me too, maybe he feels the same way?

I place my hand on his as it slips from my face. He reassures me with a smile, taking a small step away from the bars.

I sigh as I come back to reality. "I might have told Regina that I know your name," I admit. He stares at me, wide eyed and raised eyebrows.

"You did what!?" He questions.

"I told Regina that I knew your name. She doesn't know that I know anything else. I tried to play it off as you wanted me to be less formal." I shrug, anxiety filling my veins again, this time worse than the last.

He sighs, going to sit down on the prison bed. "I need you to leave. I'm surprised her majesty hasn't come to see me by now, it won't be long until she does and I don't want you here for that," he sighs, gesturing towards the door.

Surprisingly, he was able to keep his composure to a certain extent. There was still frustration and probably anger bubbling through his body but he didn't want to take that out on me.

I nodded, wishing I could be leaving with him but knowing it's best to let him be on his own for now. While he was in his cell, he could be as angry and aggressive as he wished but as soon as he was out he'd need somebody to pin the blame on. I could tell he didn't want that somebody to end up being me.