Welcome Home...Or Not

Start from the beginning

    "You know me, baby," Ms. Maria added.

    "Come on and get ya some food. We can sit and catch up. Especially on you, Ryder,"

    "Why me?" He asked.

    Ryder wasn't a bad kid. He started to come out of his shell just 2 years ago when he graduated high school. This is when things got wild. Unlike me, Ryder was an outcast and not very popular but he was known around school and other school districts. Ryder played football in high school and you may think he was a popular guy but no. He liked to draw outside of playing sports and other times he would play an instrument in school. Some people called him soft--not for drawing, but for playing an instrument.Today's society makes me sick.These are the same guys who said men who sing are gay and they sing Summer Walker to the top of their lungs. Anyways, Ryder's unexpected but expected behavior has just occurred and it's quite entertaining but disgusting. You thought the scene I saw was disturbing? You haven't heard anything yet!

    "Ryder, I think it's time that you move out," My mom said.

    "What? Why?" Ryder asked.

    "Well, baby, because your behavior has changed a lot and you're doing things in my house that you're really not supposed to. Now don't get me wrong, I know you're a growing man and you are experiencing some...interesting events but I just feel like you'd be more comfortable doing it elsewhere," My mom explained.

    "But I mean you said I can stay as long as I need,"

    "You can Ryder, but there are still some ground rules here that need to be followed.

    As soon as she said that dad walked in with his suitcase.

    "Ya eating without me?" He asked, standing there smiling.

    "Hey dad," I greeted.

    "Hey, Gino! How you doing?" Ms. Maria greeted as she stood up to give him a warm hug.

    "I'm alright, Maria, I'm alright,"

    "Baby come and sit; we need to talk about some things. Monti, make your dad a plate, please?" She asked.

    "Sure,"

    I didn't wanna make it but whatever. I could see the tension coming anyways so I guess it's a good thing I left the dining area.

    "What's going on?" He asked.

    "I was telling Ryder that he should look into his own place. I'll be happy to help look,"

    "Well why would he move?" He asked.

    "Because Ryder is getting a lil beside himself and doing some 'thangs' in our house,"

    "Oh...so you're having sex in the house, Ryder?"

    "Dad!"

    "I'm just asking," Dad stated as I gave him his food. "Thank you,"

    "Mom, you're really kicking me out for that?" Ryder asked, squinting his eyes.

    "I'm not kicking you out. I'm just suggesting. If you are going to continue to invite these random girls over here and have these types of parties at my house, you need to consider getting your own place," Mom explained.

    "But I'm outside doing that," Ryder admitted.

    "Outside?' Said dad.

    "Yes, outside. My neighbors have been complaining while you were gone. And we had the cops called over here twice this summer. Ryder, I just think it's better if you do those things somewhere else. Like I get it. You're a guy who is in to sexual things. I want you to be comfortable at a place that you call your own,"

    "You didn't say any of this a long time ago. Why now?" He asked.

    "Because it's getting worse and you're embarrassing us while we're away,"

    "Is that what this is about? Embarrassment?" He asked.

    "No, it's about respect and possibly getting arrested for public exposure which almost happened twice!"

At this point, I knew there was about to be a huge argument.

"Awe bullshit bro!" Yelled Ryder. He stood up and walked towards the steps.

"Aye! You need to watch your language with me!" Mom said as she followed behind him.

"You haven't even been here the majority of our lives and when you were you have to leave the following week. Now you wanna be a mom all of sudden! Get the fuck on, man!" He said walking up the steps.

"Aye! What the fuck is your problem? You don't talk to yo mama like that!" Dad yelled at Ryder. He got up from his seat and walked after him.

"Man, both of ya need to step for real! You don't even care about your wife anyway. You stay after work later and later each day then be gone on these so called "business trips". Now ya wanna be the parents of the year and kick me out,"

"Boy, get yo ass down here before I beat yo ass," Dad threatened.

I started packing up my things and getting ready to go to my car and dip.

"Please don't go yet, Monti," Ms. Maria begged.

"I can't do all of this confrontation, Ms. Maria," I said, shaking my head.

"I know but I don't wanna be left alone while this is going on,"

"Yeah but I also don't need this stress,"

Next thing we know Ryder and my dad are tussling on the steps. Mom can only help scream and beg them to stop. There they went, tumbling down the steps. There wasn't much fighting but they were still at it. Dad put Ryder in a head lock as Ryder tried to tap out.

"Gino let him go!" Mom begged.

"Nah he needs to learn to respect this house," He said, painting as he tried to catch his breath.

"Uh-uh! You choking him to death! Gino let him go!" Mom begged once more.

After more begging from mom and more hesitation from dad, he let Ryder go and he dropped to the ground. Ryder was gasping for air and choking. Dad had hunched over and placed his hand on his knee. They fell hard from the stairs and they both are in pain.

"Ryder, come with me," I said.

"No! Just go,"

"Okay well I'mma see ya later. I'll be back when things calm down,"

I don't know why he had such an attitude with me but I'm not mad at him. He just got in a fight and I'm gonna give him some time alone. It's always something in this house.