Chapter 9 - your ticket out

Lottie and Nat have made it to the Matthews mansion, walking up the small pathway from the back garden gate to the back door of the house.

"holy. crap" - nat exclaims, squeezing the brunettes hand that was intertwined with her own

"Mr Matthews doesn't mess around now does he?"

lottie sighs "yeah i guess, ive never been a fan myself but daddy cant help himself" lottie rubs the side of nats hand with her thumb

"whatever.. lets have the biggest party ever thrown and forget about everything. fuck your parents"

the girls make their way in, nat can't believe her eyes.. it very old fashioned but absolutely massive. they make their way to her bedroom.. nat throws herself on the queen size bed with black silk bedsheets and red silk duvet covers and pillows. she giggles and lottie smiles. lottie thinks.. no.. knows that Natalie Scatorccio has the most beutiful laugh to have ever filled a room.

"what??" lottie smiles at the blonde, whose spread out on her bed

"no.. its.. its stupid" she can't contain her giggles

"you're distracting me from picking my outfit silly! you have to tell me now!!"

nat buries her face in her hands "its just.. if my dad knew where i was.. i think he'd kill me instantly" she giggles again

lottie looks at her confused "what do you mean?"

"he's always drinking and out god fucking knows where, if he knew where i was and who i was with.. he'd definitely take that gun-..." she stops talking, her smile fades and realises what she's just brought up. she looks at lottie in the eye and back down to her own hands.

"the what? Natalie... are you safe?"

silence

lottie paces over from her walk in wardrobe and sits down next to nat, who sits up. lottie takes her hand and they lock eyes

"nat... you need to tell me if you're safe.. seriously this isn't a fucking joke" lottie informs her

"fuck" nat whispers under her breath. " this one time a couple years back.. kevyn had snuck into my room.. we weren't doing anything i swear it. we were listening to music and i just wanted him to help me put up some of the posters i had just bought" she pauses. "a few minutes later my father comes home.. drunk.. hears me and kevyn talking about nirvana or some shit and brings a double barrell shotgun into my fucking room and holds it up to his face"

nat says, looking down and fiddling with the top of lotties hand. lottie wipes the tear, dripping from natalies eye

"so i ran up to him.. pushed him out the way. thats when he fell and i told kevyn to run. to never come back. so thats what he did.my dad then stood up and pointed it at me. we argued, shouted, he slapped me and he ended up shooting.. missing my face because he was too fucked up to keep his balance. he hit the wall behind me. thats when i ran to vans, stayed with her for 2 weeks and snuck back into my room when he wasn't there. of course when he had eventually come back he didn't remember anything and acted as if nothing had happened"

lottie began to cry.. taking nat into her en-suit so that the cameras couldn't see them. both streaming tears down their face lottie cups nats cheeks and kisses her softly.

she pulls away gently

"you need to stay here.. your home isn't safe"

they lock eyes and wrap their arms around each other, unable to let go for a few minutes.