Chapter 3 - last night

7:04am 

Nat wakes up and realises that the tall brunette is still latched onto her, Lottie's head was placed between Nat's clavicle and chin; they were so close. This made Nat so nervous to the point that her heart rate started to increase. Nat panicked. she slowly picked up Lottie's arm and softly placed it onto the bed. she slowly shuffled out of the bed. not remembering her clothes, she runs downstairs and out the door. 

oh my fucking god did I just sleep with Lottie Matthews? she's always been a bitch to me and I feel like she's changing my mind, she's changing the way that I look and feel about her. shit. no, this cant be. I'm not in love with Lottie fucking Matthews 

Nat thinks to herself as she's walking as quick as she could down the pebble pathway and almost running to the nearest bus stop. 

she hears a car approach from behind her. oh shit it's Shauna, 

what is she doing up this early? 

Shauna pulls up next to Nat, rolls down the window and says 

"what the hell are you doing up this early Nat? it's like 7am on a Saturday?" - looking at Nat confused as to why she was only wearing a t-shirt and her underwear. she wasn't dressed like that last night? 

"well I could say the same, why are you up?" - Nat replies 

"I.. uhmm... I have a tutoring session with Allie, shes already at the coffee shop.. I'm late " - Shauna was lying, she was secretly going to meet up with Jeff but she didn't need anyone to know. 

"no but seriously why are you up? also where did you run off to last night, I was going to give you a ride home but when I couldn't find you I just decided to stay over" - Shauna asks 

" I uhm, didn't fancy going  home, my mom's with some dude and I didn't want to get into the middle of it. so I just stayed in the guest bedroom. plus, I had a king sized bed all to myself, It was quite relaxing I cant lie" Nat had also kind of lied but this was reasonably believable. 

"oh okay. have u seen Matthews? I can't find her either" - Shauna asks 

shit shit shit Lottie. fuck. what do I say?

"uhm I'm sure she went home, she was pretty drunk so I called her a cab off Jackie's home phone" Nat hesitated. she really did lie this time. she couldn't say that she was in the house because if Nat was in the guest room and Lottie was in the guest room, then it's going to look like they did more than sleep together. especially now that Nat had lied. 

"ahh gotchu" - Shauna was feeling suspicious about Nat and Lottie. she also knew Lottie hadn't gone home because Jackie's home phone had broken last week when Shauna had accidently thrown a baseball at it after trying to convince Jackie that she could fit a whole baseball in her mouth. 

Shauna looks around in her car

"shit I forgot my hoodie.. are you okay to get a bus? " Shauna lied 

Nat nods, Shauna takes a quick last look at what she's wearing and slowly turns around, drives back to Jackie's house and steps inside. 

................................................................................................................................................................

(Shauna's perspective) 

Shauna wonders up to the guest room, as there's only 1, she knows exactly where shes going. she approaches the door, turns the knob and opens it slightly. she spots a girl laying face down on the pillow, one leg is out of the duvet. she can see the tall brunette in nothing but a tiny skirt and a black bra. she spots Nat's trackies and hoodie on the floor. and then Lottie's (still soaking) blue shirt scrunched up on the floor 

"holy shit" Shauna whispers under breath, trying not to wake the girl up 

are they in a relationship? wait but Nat hates Lottie? but what happened last night? we were all drunk but Nat wasn't because she refused to drink. she knows whats going on and knows what went on. I could ask Lottie but she's definitely hungover too, there's no way she's going to tell me anything

Shauna decides to drive to the trailer park, to ask Nat what had happened. However she doesn't know which trailer is Nat's. she gets out the car and takes a wonder round. she notices a bright green trailer with a yin yang on the side. she remembers Nat telling her about that trailer once. about how her new neighbours were really freaky and had a freaky green van. 

thats it, thats the one. she knew it because she looked through the window and saw Nat's mixtapes that she bought from a store once. she knocks on the door and the small blonde opens it. 

"what the fuuuck are you doing here Shauna? and how the hell do you know where I live?" Nat says angrily. 

"you lied to me! what really went on last night? and why are your clothes on the floor in Lottie's room?" 

"aren't you supposed to be with Ally in town?" Nat tries to change the subject

"stop trying to change the subject Nat. just tell me what you did. I'm not going to tell anyone I swear. I just want to make sure your okay" - Shauna adds

"fuuuckkkk" Nat whispers under her breath

"fine, fine. come in" - Nat allows Shauna in and goes to her room. they sit on her bed and begin to chat 

"she was like suuuuuper drunk last night and decided to undress and go for a swim. but I had to help her get into bed with like no clothes on. then when I went to leave, she wanted me to stay. she ended up cuddling me all night and then we fell asleep together. to be fair I didn't completely hate it. Shauna I'm scared. I think I might.. have something for her?" 

Shauna's completely shocked. that is not at all how she thought this was going to turn out. 

"Nat I thought you were str.. well I always had suspicions about Lottie, like when she got so close with Laura Lee to the point that I thought they were going to violently make out in the middle of the street. but she has never told anything to any of us about liking women. she probably just has a silly crush on you or something"

Nat looked down to her crossed legs and stopped interacting with Shauna. 

"Oh Nat, you know that I support you and Lottie either way right? I love you both and will help you with anything that you might need. this can stay between us if that makes you feel any better." 

Shauna then does that thing with her hand where she pretends to zip up her mouth and throw away the key. Nat looks up and smiles. Shauna spots a small tear form in the corner of Nat's eyes and pulls her in for a hug. comforts her and tells her that everything is going to be okay. 

Monday morning...(to be continued)