🔥20🔥

3rd POV

Throughout the day, (Y/n) had stayed in the abandoned Drive-In the whole time. For most of the hours, she slept on the old benches that were inside the restaurant to at least catch up on her sleep. But during times when she was awake, she would either be practicing a few tricks under the canopy in the open area or study more of her Japanese grammar and vocabulary.

She wants to make sure she gets better at speaking Japanese, but after everything that the child went through, she was struggling. She couldn't focus properly and felt as if she wasn't learning anything. It was times like these when she felt like learning a different language under so much pressure was hard.

But as soon as night fell, (Y/n) couldn't hold back the urge to continue skating down the streets at that hour. It was always a habit for her to go to "S" at midnight, so she was going to be feeling bored. Hardly anyone was out, so it was a perfect time for her to go skating.

The only thing that could be heard through the girl's ears was the sound of the wheels of her skateboard rolling on the sidewalk as the wind blows past. She would constantly look at her surroundings, but she mostly looks down as the feeling of negativity never faded away. She didn't know where she was skating off to, so she was just going to find out where the world takes her from then on out.

'Just give up.'

Her mind continued to wander as did she. She was deep in her own thoughts that everything around her seemed to have vanished, almost like she was in the zone, which is something she remembers encountering before.

'It's not worth trying to find someone you don't even know.'

'It's a waste of time.'

'I probably won't find him anyway.'

(Y/n) lets out a sigh as the thought of finding her dad comes to mind. She was starting to contemplate if finding him would still be a good idea... But it obviously wasn't. It makes her wonder if her long-lost father knows if she even exists. And if he did, would he want her in his life?

The girl pauses for a moment as she places her foot on the ground, causing the skateboard to come to a complete stop. Her eyes widen after the realization of her problems.

'If my dad knew about me, why hasn't he come to find me?' The thought of that makes the child shed a tear, but she quickly wipes it away while shaking her head. 'No! That can't be the case. He probably doesn't know about me. That's why! But yet again, why hasn't my mom told him about me? If I was to find him, would he accept me? Would he just send me away because he doesn't want me?'

All of these questions went through the child's mind, which was making her rethink everything. But before she could think of anything else, she heard the sound of a skateboard landing on a concrete floor. She looks up from the ground and realizes that she was right by the skatepark she always went to. But the thing was that it wasn't empty.

Upon close examination, (Y/n) could see two teenage boys skating with each other and performing tricks on the half pipes. One thing that really caught her attention was that one of them had light-blue hair and the other had red hair. Her eyes widen when she realizes who they were.

"Reki. Langa."

Out of instinct, she quickly hides behind a light post that was the closest to her. Even if she would still be seen from behind the thin pole, their attention was not on her, so she had the advantage of watching the two from a distance.

She saw their faces. They looked... happy. It made (Y/n) confused just by looking at them. The last time she checked, Reki was mad at her and Langa for wanting to skate in the tournament. But it made her wonder...