🔥12🔥

3rd POV

"What?! So there's no hot spring here-- anywhere?!"

Reki had gotten back to the room after getting a water bottle from the vending machine for (Y/n) and the talk he had with Joe. Now everyone is back in the room as they sit in front of the table and try to figure out where the hot spring is.

"You should have double-checked before we left," Miya tells Reki as his cat eyes stare at the teen. From beside Reki, Kaoru places down a map that he had gotten when he first arrived at the inn.

"The hostess gave me this map. It's in the mountains five kilometers from here. And it's listed as a secluded hot spring," The calligrapher explains as he points to an image of a mountain on the map. Everyone crowds around to look at the map.

(Y/n), at this point, is sitting next to Reki with the water bottle in her hand. She was still a little drowsy as she tried her best to stay awake. Speaking of drinking, Hiromi had woken up from his nap and already left to get ready to leave a while ago.

"Five kilometers, huh?" Kojiro says with a smirk as an idea came to mind. "Sounds like the perfect distance to have a 'beef.'"

Langa had stars in his eyes at the mention of a "beef." "Oh, yeah," The light-blue-haired boy says in amazement.

"Did someone say 'beef'?" the sound of Shadow's voice is heard from behind a door. Everyone looks in the direction of the door as it slides open to reveal Sadow with all of his clown makeup on. "I'm in, let's go!"

"Wow. Full hair and makeup," Kojiro said, not sounding fazed at all at the clown skater.

"I thought you were sleeping off your hangover," Miya states with his chin resting on his hands as his elbows were resting on the table. (Y/n) leans back to look at Shadow and lifts her eyebrow in a confused and curious manner. "Cheers!" she says out loud as she holds her water bottle up in the air. At this point, she was already done with her laughing fit and hardly felt like doing anything.

"Only the weak need to rest by booze. Now the mask is in control!" Shadow then says. Everyone didn't seem interested in the topic Shadow was talking about and looked back at the map.

"What's this mark mean?" Langa asks as he points to a strange mask-looking mark on the map.

"It looks like a face," Kojiro says as he observes the mark.

"Monkey meeting spot?" Kaoru guessed, not knowing what the mark means himself.

"Guys!" Shadow whined as he realized that no one was paying attention to him anymore. That's all he wanted at the moment... Attention.

"Maybe it's where the thing is that the hostess was talking about," Miya then suggested. Reki got freaked out a bit and yelled at the cat boy. "They wouldn't draw something like that on a map! Come on!" The redhead yells, which causes the bangs on Miya's head to fly back.

"Seems like you're afraid of it," Miya then says, not looking affected by the yelling at all.

Reki straightens up from his sitting position, trying to appear that he wasn't afraid. "Oh, please! You think I'm afraid of some grade school ghost stories? I'm not," Reki says while looking away. Even though he had a brave look on his face, his violent shaking shows that he was feeling the complete opposite.

"Have any of you been hearing that strange sound, too?" Kojiro asks, trying to sound scary just for the fun of it. Reki didn't like the tone of his voice, which caused his heart rate to increase a bit.

"Stop! You're going to scare (Y/n)," Reki says as he grabs the girl from under her arms and brings her close to him. The child was clearly not scared, just tired as her eyes were almost closed shut, but he was trying to use her to stop them from talking more about the topic of the "thing."