03

ADMIRER

ADMIRER.

____________________________

"SOMEONE HAS TO WATCH OVER HER."

Stelle said, pointing at the girl, who was passed out on a bed on the express.

"I'll do it." Dan Heng nodded.

"Dan Heng, we can't possibly leave you here with such a dangerous thing." Himeko worriedly advised.

"It's okay. I'll be alright." Dan Heng convincingly shook his head.

"Make sure to treat her wounds!" March butted in.

"Yes, I will." Dan Heng nodded again.

The others left the room, leaving Dan Heng and the girl.

He stood on guard, but his eyes narrowed when he saw the girl's wounds were gone.

"Her wounds disappeared." He realized, confused.

His hand moved to her back, where her wounds used to be.

The moment his hand made contact with her skin, the girl's eyes snapped open.

Dan Heng immediately backed away when the girl suddenly sat up on the bed.

"Ah, you're awake. My name is Dan Heng. Can you understand me?" He asked, still a safe distance away.

The girl frantically glanced around the room, body skittishly squirming.

She was obviously both scared and confused, but after a few minutes of panicking, calmed down.

When Dan Heng senses she had calmed down, he approached her again.

"I am Dan Heng. You're safe now. Can you understand me?" He asked again.

The girl paused, before opening her mouth to speak.

"I can understand you." She nervously replied.

"That is good. Can you tell me how you feel? Your wounds...they just disappeared on their own." Dan Heng spoke.

"I am...fine. I am a little scared...I don't know where this is. As for my wounds, they always eventually heal on their own. But can you please tell me where I am? What are your intentions?" The girl said all in one breath, getting more nervous towards the end.

"Before I tell you that, do you want to tell me your name?" Dan Heng asked the girl, now standing closer to her.

"It's...Y/N. Now please answer my questions..." Y/N responded anxiously.

"Y/N, I am not actually sure about the intentions that my colleagues have for you, but I can tell you where we are and where we're going." Dan Heng answered, now crouching next to her.

"Okay..." Y/N agreed, hesitation evident in her tone.

"We are on the Astral Express, which is headed for the Xianzhou." Dan Heng told Y/N.

Y/N nodded, before speaking up again.

"Your shoulder, I burned it...didn't I?" She asked, voice laced with guilt.

"Yes, but the Xianzhou has plenty of medicines that can help." Dan Heng answered, adding the last part in an attempt to help Y/N feel less guilty.

He did stab her after all, so he felt guilty too.

"Can I...show you something?" Y/N asked, reaching for Dan Heng's shoulder.

"Okay." Dan Heng unsurely agreed.

Y/N turned him to face away from her, getting a view of his burnt shoulder.

Tears welled up in her eyes, and as they fell, they fell as graceful cloth like sheets of mist, on to Dan Heng's shoulder.

And like the cold sensation of a gust of wind, the wound on Dan Heng's shoulder started to disappear without a trace.

Dan Heng wasn't sure what had happened, but he realized she must have healed his shoulder, because the pain of the burn returned to how he normally felt.

After a few seconds, Dan Heng turned to face Y/N.

"You...healed my shoulder." Dan Heng said to confirm it.

"I healed your shoulder." Y/N confirmed.

"That is...quite extraordinary. I've never heard of tears that could heal wounds before." Dam Heng breathed.

"Only my kind is capable...but I am the last of them." Y/N sadly replied.

"Ah. I'm sorry." Dan Heng apologized.

"It's alright...my home planet was dying, but without me on it...it will probably crumble within a few days." Y/N explained, sadly.

"I'm terribly sorry for having a hand in injuring you and taking you from your planet..." Dan Heng apologized again, though he wasn't sure if it would help at all.

"It's okay...it's not like it would've gotten any better back there. At least here, there are people. I've been lonely on that planet for a long time...and I have been crying for just as long..." Y/N sort of mumbled to herself.

"All of your people...they were also phoenixes? Like you?"Dan Heng asked.

"Yes. Us phoenixes lived beautiful lives. Tears with the properties of healing, skin that could repair itself, gorgeous wings made of the finest material, blood that could turn into gems, and gold. Endless gold. Everyone lived a luxurious lifestyle. Everyone was happy." Y/N dreamily recalled.

"That sound like a nice life. Why was it so different when we found you there though?" Dan Heng curiously asked.

Y/N's gazed darkened.

"Bad people. They came to our planet, and they were strong. And they...they killed everyone...and cut all of their wings off...and collected the blood of my people. I was the youngest in the royal family, so my parents sought to protect me first. They hid me, in a chamber made of impenetrable golden rings...and I didn't know what had happened until I broke out of it later, and saw...all the bodies." Y/N grimly explained.

Dan Heng nodded, glad that Y/N trusted him enough to tell him about that.

"Would you like me to get you some new clothes?" Dan Heng asked her, due to her current ones being a bit torn.

But the girl shook her head.

"I want...to keep wearing this dress. It's all I have left..." She quietly answered.

"I understand." Dan Heng nodded. "I can help you repair it if you would like."

"That would...be nice." Y/N smiled a bit at his offer to help her.

"I'll help you fix it when we get off at our stop." Dan Heng told her.

"Okay." She agreed.

_______________________________