Not knowing who to stand by, Daemon hovered beside the door. Part of him wanted to join Camilla and her children, to protect them. Yet he knew he couldn't, not at this moment.

Who did this?" Rhaenyra questioned upon seeing her son's blood stained face.

"They attacked me!" Aemond yelled, turning in his seat.

"He attacked Baela!" Jace argued.

"He broke Luke's nose!" One of Laena's twins screamed.

All at once the children began yelling over each other. Maegella whimpered in fear at the raised voices, breaking Camilla's heart.

"Enough. Enough." Viserys tried.

"Silence!" Camilla roared, the traces of Dragon blood coursing through her veins burned hot. Surprisingly the children stopped their squabbling, turning to look at the Queen. "It should be my children telling the tale, no other."

"Aemond," Viserys began as he hobbled towards his young son. "I will have the truth of what happened. Now."

"Aemond," Camilla spoke gently, she didn't want Aemond to have to relive the traumatic moment, but she also knew Viserys would not rest until he heard the story. "Tell us what happened."

"I claimed Vhagar, and when we entered the castle they attacked us."

"And?" Viserys urged the boy to continue.

"What else is there to hear? Our son and daughter have been maimed. Her sons are responsible."

"It was a regrettable accident." Rhaenyra defended her sons.

"An accident?" Camilla repeated. "The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son and daughter."

"It was my sons who were attacked and forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against them."

"What insults?" Viserys questioned.

"The legitimacy of my son's birth was put loudly to question."

"What?"

"He called us bastards." Prince Jacaerys added quietly.

"Were these insults thrown before or after they attacked Aemond and Maegella." Camilla questioned, her mind moving a mile a minute as she searched for a way out of this situation.

"Does it matter?" Rhaenyra asked pointedly. "My sons are in line to inherit the Iron throne, Your Grace. This is the highest of treasons."

"And maiming the King's children is not treason, Rhaenyra?" Camilla argued. "One action was only words, the other was physical and has lifelong effects. Tell me Princess which would you prefer to happen to your sons."

"Prince Aemond and Princess Maegella must be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders." Rhaenyra continued.

"Over an insult? You wish to have my children tortured over an insult." Camilla's voice wavered.

"My son has lost an eye. My daughter will be scarred forever. What injuries do your children walk away with? A broken nose and bruises?"

"You tell me, boy." Viserys began, leaning over the chair his son sat in. "Where did you hear this lie?"

"The insult was training yard bluster," Camilla tried to convince the King. "The lot of boys. It was nothing."

"Aemond," Viserys continued, ignoring his wife. " I asked you a question."

"Maegella? Come here sweetling." The young Princess moved to her mother's side, her blue eyes wide with fear. Camilla knelt beside the girl, brushing her hair over her shoulder, the golden strands were streaked with red. "Perhaps you might be able to shed some light on the situation. Can you tell us the truth of what happened?"

"Aemond wanted to see the dragons so I followed him. He climbed on the really big one and flew through the sky while I watched." Maegella shook with fear as she spoke, curling into her mother's side. "After he landed I asked him to take me to my rooms cause I was tired. And then they started yelling at us and they hit Aem and pushed me. I was really scared but Aemond was trying to protect me, so he pushed Baela and Rhaena off me and then Luke cut him and Ser Criston found us."

"Thank you, sweetling." Camilla pressed a kiss to Maegella's forehead before turning back to her husband. "They attacked our children first, Your Grace."

Viserys nodded, looking from his wife to his eldest daughter. "That does not tell me where Aemond heard such a thing."

"Where is Ser Laenor, I wonder?" Camilla asked wanting her husband's attention off of her son if only for a moment. "The boys' father? Perhaps he might have something to say in the matter."

"Yes, where is Ser Laenor?" Viserys repeated, turning away from his injured son.

"I do not know, Your Grace. I could not find sleep." All eyes watched as the princess fumbled for an explanation. "I had gone out to walk."

"Aemond," The King began questioning the young boy yet again. "Look at me."

"He is a child, Viserys." Camilla tried to get Viserys to see reason. "He has just gone through a horrendous injury and is in an undeniable amount of pain. He needs to rest."

"He may rest after he answers my question. Who spoke these lies to you?" At the lack of response Viserys yelled in his son's face. "Aemond! Tell me the truth of it!"

"I just- I just heard the servants say it." Aemond whispered, the lie catching on the tip of his tongue and coming out strained.

At Aemond's words the crowd stared at Rhaenyra and her children.

"This interminable infighting must cease!" Viserys stamped his cane in anger. "All of you! We are family! Now make your apologies and show good will to one another. Your father, your grandsire, your King demands it!"

"That is insufficient." Camilla spoke as Viserys passed her. ""Maegella has been scarred. Aemond has been damaged, permanently, my King. Good will cannot make him whole.

"I know, Camilla, but I cannot restore his eye."

"No, because it's been taken."

"What would you have me do?"

Camilla looked between her injured son and daughter before glancing at Rhaenyra and her children. She wanted nothing more than to avenge her son and daughter, to make Rhaenyra pay. The Queen desired to hurt the Princess, to take everything she ever loved until Rhaenyra was utterly alone.

"There is a debt to be paid." Camilla paused for a moment, letting her words sink in. "I shall have one of her son's eyes in return."

Murmurs broke out at the Queen's words.

"My dear wife-" the King began.

"He is our son, Viserys." Camilla begged. "Your blood."

"Do not allow your temper to guide your judgment."

"If I cannot have his eye, I shall have his titles instead."

"Camilla-"

"Let Driftmark pass onto someone else." Camilla gazed into the crowd, meeting Princess Rhaenys' eyes.

"Camilla, this matter is finished. Do you understand?" The King warned his wife, before turning to address the crowd. "And let it be known, anyone whose tongue dares to question the birth of Princess Rhaenyra's sons should have it removed."

"Thank you father." Rhaenyra's voice was smug as she looked at her stepmother.

A tiny smile pulled at the corners of Camilla's lips, the seed had been planted in the Lady of Driftmark's mind and Camilla had no doubt it would one day come to fruition. She need only be patient.

AN: Daemilla are reunited next chapter and don't worry Camilla will get revenge for Aemond's eye.

-Ele