Live to Remember

Fate/Grand Order.

One-shot.

Ritsuka Fujimaru x Miyamoto Musashi.

"Live to Remember"

.

.

.

-[Prologue: It starts with pain]-

Ritsuka Fujimaru opened his eyes in the middle of the night, for the eleventh time that week. The man with blue eyes looked around his room; no one but himself, then his gaze went straight for his window; the dark blue ocean of the Wandering Sea greeted him. Grabbing his phone under his pillow, Master forty eight saw with an empty stare that it was indeed 1 am in the morning.

His sleeping schedule was fucked beyond any hope of repair at this point, but it wasn't just because of his own nightmares or atleast... not anymore.

It didn't had to do with him reminiscing of Patxi's stare as he grabbed him from his collar, cursing his name as he bleed out in front of his very eyes. Neither Gerda or Asha's smiling faces, or the people in Qin Shi Huang's version of China who lacked any will or desire whatsoever. It wasn't regret for being a murderer of five worlds, but rather...

Pure raw sadness.

Curling up his face on his legs to not look at the empty darkness, his teeth were shown as his lips started to tremble immediately. The veins on his reddish eyes for crying nonstop whenever he was alone wouldn't go away in a long time, even if he stopped the moment a new dawn came. As much as he loved Mashu, as much as he cared about Da Vinci, Director Goredolf, Nemo, Muniere, Sion, Da Vinci and the others... he just couldn't look at them.

He didn't wanted them to ask how he was feeling, even if his lies were slowly but surely killing his kohai's heart.

"Senpai, please talk to me..."

She would beg him, trying to grab his hand in a loving manner, but he would take it away. Seeing those purple eyes so filled with sheer agony at being rejected, it only made him feel worse. Mashu was way too naive to understand what he was going through, but even so... she could have an idea, seeing as both of them lost Doctor Roman many years ago when facing Goetia.

But this was different, a pain Kyrielight didn't knew... and wouldn't as long as he remained alive.

And it was precisely that why he couldn't stop but sob once again, her cheerful expression, those blueish eyes so filled with joy and innocence yet determination, the way she looked back at him one last time before disappearing in an orange light, and then turning everything into pure dark from one slash that saved the entire world.

The left hand went straight for his chest, right where his heart was. The "Bump bump" of his organ beating blood through his veins exploding in his ears, yet hurting so much as the rhythm accelerated. For the first time in his life some days ago he tried drinking alcohol, yet Mashu's poison resistance worked on them too. Not only he was severely reprimanded by everyone the moment they found the half-empty bottle under his bed...

He was also seen with pity.

She loved alcohol...

Almost as much as she loved eating and killing, as bad as that sounded...

In fact, it was that how they met.

.

.