Meeting The Strawhats Pt. 2

"Hey! You with the h/c hair!"

I looked at them. "Me?"

"Yeah! What's with that abandoned town?"

"Luffy! What if she doesn't know what town you're talking about!"

The girl with orange hair scolded the boy who I assumed was luffy.

"Actually, I do. Almost everyone does unless they're under the age of four. It was perfectly fine a few years ago, until that weird worm monster took over. No one died. But stupid teens and drunk people go there on dares all the time and get eaten. I actually used to live there."

Nami was processing my story. Luffy spoke without a single thought at all.

"You're coming too. You can fight, right?"

"Excuse me?"

"Yes or no."

"Yeah, I can fight. Kinda. I mean, I'm really agile and I can probably beat long nose over there in a fist fight."

"HA! She called you long nose too! Loser!"

"Shut up, please."

I was a bit confused with the side conversation going on as well.

"All of you shut up for a second."

"The hell did you tell me to do?! I'll kick your ass island girl!"

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

He did as I said. Or rather, shouted.

"Strawhat dude. Luffy. Whatever your name is. Why?"

"Oh! We're gonna fight the worm!"

"Excuse me? You're going to WHAT?"

"I said WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT THE-"

"She heard you, idiot!"

Nami once again hit luffy. She really likes doing that.

"You're gonna help. Come on!"

He grabbed my wrist and started walking, dragging me behind him.

"Hey, maybe let her speak first?"

I was still a bit confused.

"Uh... I mean, I guess I'll go along with it..."

"See! She's fine with it!"

He started running. The other three followed, trying to get him to stop.

"This is how I die."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We arrived in the abandoned town.

"This place is a lot more run down than I remember."

"Weren't you here like an hour ago?"

"He's got a bad memory."

"Wow. Some captain."

The green hair guy elbowed me in the stomach. I let out a groan and held my side.

"Rude."

I stood up straight.

"So what's the plan?"

"Step one, get to the town. Step two, find the worm. Steps three through five are still a work in progress. And Step six, win."

"I'm definitely going to die today."

The ground started shaking, and I lost my balance, so I grabbed the green haired guy's arm to stay standing. He had a smug grin and I let go, glaring at him.

"Moss head."

"Island girl."

"Both of you shut up, arguing isn't going to kill this thing."

"His idiotic voice might scare it to death."

"YOU LITTLE-"

Nami yelled at both of us.

"Knock it off! Arguing won't solve the problem, and you two aren't making this any easier!"

"Worm!"

"Exactly, ussop. The worm won't go away on its own!"

"No, the worm is here!"

We all turned and saw the worm had come up out of the now destroyed ground. We all froze for a moment. The worm... roared? Screamed? I couldn't tell which. They all ran, except me and moss head.

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?!"

"We're here to kill it, right?"

"YEAH!!"

"Well, that's what we're doing."

TW: descriptive violence/mentions blood

We both charged at the worm with no spoken plan. I jumped at a nearby building, rebounded off and punched it. My fist went through it's skin and blood spewed out and splashed my face, blinding me.

I fell back and landed on the ground with a thud, frantically wiping my face so I wasn't vulnerable.

"The hell?!"

"Island girl, get off your ass!"

"We're fighting the worm, not each other!"

I stood up, and saw the worm had healed itself. I also noticed the worm was basically seeing red. No matter how many times moss head slashed it and stabbed it, it didn't falter or slow down.

"Something's off about this..."

Moss head hadn't noticed. He was still fighting. I sighed.

"He's gonna get himself killed."

I groaned. Why did I have to be a good person...

"MOSS HEAD! IT'S POINTLESS!"

I ran over and pushed him out of the way, then the worm swallowed me whole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The crew stared in shock and terror as they watched Y/n be swallowed by the worm. Zoro was the most surprised.

"She died to save me..?"

He couldn't believe it. He wouldn't believe it.

Reality hit him. Someone he'd just met had died saving him, and he'd done nothing but snap at them and make snarky comments.

"She's such an idiot... why would she ever do something like that..."

He was more scared than mad. He was half expecting the worm to spit her out. But nothing. The worm roared again and went back to fighting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up. It was warm, wet, and dark. I didn't remember much. I tried to concentrate, but I was squished in between four walls made of what felt like heated fruit. It didn't smell too great, though.

I thought hard about what I remembered.

Me and moss head...

Worm...

Fighting...

Yelling at each other...

Swallowed...

It all came rushing back to me. Being swallowed whole, fighting with moss head, and most of all... me saving moss head.

It was all on instinct. But now wasn't the time for that, I needed to escape. I couldn't move much, but if I just came up with a plan, and look badass if I could.

I tried moving my arm. It moved about half a foot, and that was all I needed. My hand rested on the dagger that was strapped to my thigh.

My dress had been ripped and ruined from the fight, but I had shorts under it. It made me look cooler.

I kept wiggling my arm and hand, and my fingers touched the dagger handle. I kept moving. My fingers wrapped around it and I pulled it out of the straps.

"Yes!"

I cheered quietly and moved my arm, pressing the end of the handle to my chest. In one swift motion, I stabbed it out and dragged down.